Pusa, Bihar, India
CIMMYT in Pusa
The Borlaug Institute for South Asia (BISA) is a non-profit international research institute dedicated to food, nutrition and livelihood security as well as environmental rehabilitation in South Asia, which is home to more than 300 million undernourished people. BISA is a collaborative effort involving CIMMYT and the Indian Council for Agricultural Research (ICAR). Please refer to these website for more information: and
We are seeking dynamic, innovative and self-motivated professional for the position of Research Associate. This will be a Locally Recruited Position for CIMMYT-BISA. We are expecting the Research Associate to completely manage role as mentioned below in job description.
The position will be based in Pusa, Bihar, India.
The major activities of this position include:
- Plan and execute the project activities as per project guideline at farmers field and KVK Farms in collaboration with KVK.
- Formulate and execute the climate resilient cropping systems adaptive research trials in consultation BISA CIMMYT scientists.
- Develop a record and report the tasks performed and the results achieved in the project that has been assigned.
- Contribute to the training and updating of knowledge and research techniques to the rest of the staff working in the unit, and keep updated on new research.
- Perform support activities that are required in BISA-CIMMYT, according to the instructions of your supervisor.
We are seeking candidates with the following academic qualifications, experience, skills and attitudes:
- Master’s degree in Agriculture, Agronomy/Plant breeding/Plant Protection/ extension education or equivalent from a recognized university.
- Thorough knowledge of the field of work and latest climate resilient agricultural production technologies.
- Basic knowledge of administrative and/or operating protocols and procedures of research support function.
- Basic Supervisory skills and experience.
- The position requires 1-3 years of practical field experience.
- Good understanding of English and ability to communicate orally on daily routine matters; review literature, draft questionnaires, write draft reports etc.
The position is for an initial fixed-term contract of 1 year, after which further employment is subject to performance and the continued availability of funds. BISA offers an attractive remuneration package, with a range of benefits including health insurance.
Email cover letter and CV as a single document with last drawn salary, salary expectations and notice period no later than Tuesday, 3 December, 2019 to Human Resources, CIMMYT / BISA.
(Email: / Please insert Position Reference number: IN19158 in the subject of your email).
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
CIMMYT-BISA is an equal-opportunity employer and strives for staff diversity in gender and nationality.