We are looking for a suitable candidate to fill the vacancy below:
Job Title: Video Editor and Graphic Designer
Location: Damaturu, Yobe (With regular travels to other field locations)
Scope of Work
- CCDRN is seeking a talented and creative video editor / graphics designer to join our dynamic team. We are looking for an individual who is passionate about visual storytelling, editing and design.
- This is a role for an imaginative individual with a strong creative sensibility, an eye for detail, deep knowledge of media industry technical tools, and the skill to bring to life compelling stories around often complex community development related topics.
- In this role you will be working closely with our Communication and Knowledge Management specialist and will be an integral part of every piece of the creative development process from idea generation to presenting final deliverables.
- To be a creative thinker and visual storyteller who can solve complex design challenges and develop cutting-edge, compelling, original designs that enhance our brand across all mediums, including: on-air, print, digital, social media and emerging new media platforms
- Edit digital video taken from field events and project implementation sites and other platforms
- Handle all technical aspects of video production
- Be quick in providing multiple fresh layout/design iterations that are informed by, and complement, existing art, and design styles inherent to our individual products
- Develops design concepts and implements designs for web pages, newsletters, ads, info-graphics, banners, illustrations, logos, and other types of digital content that will be presented online and in print
- Snap, edit and archive digital photos and make it available for appropriate use
- Edit projects utilizing video, stills, special effects, and motion graphics.
- Create highly engaging animated designs for a variety of media including social media, web, special events, and conferences.
- Work both independently and collaboratively with Communication and knowledge management specialist to design graphics that transform complicated concepts into clear idea.
- Participate in the process of creating storyboards for documentary and design concepts that clearly define the theme and intent.
- Participate in program brainstorming sessions to share new design perspectives and ideas.
- Support the project team as needed with photo editing, bespoke illustration and icon design.
- Responsible for filming videos, taking pictures and training and developing others in the use of still and motion camera including audio Manage priorities and workload effectively to meet all schedules and deadlines
- Bachelor’s Degree/HND in Film, Photography, Graphic Design, Media Arts, Visual Arts or similar field
- 1-2 years of graphic design in a private or public organization with ability to use Corel draw, fireworks and other design software
- Years of video editing and production skills such as: Video editing experience with Adobe Premiere and Experience with sound editing and mixing
- Demonstrated ability to manage an editing workflow through a full project lifecycle
- Demonstrated knowledge of writing and style guidelines for caption work
- Has a keen eye for design, and an innate aptitude for layout, color, and typography that works Ability to work on multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- The ability to handle multiple projects at once as part of a fast-paced, deadline-driven creative team
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Willingness to travel to any part of the country especially northeast Nigeria
Application Closing Date
30th November, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter in one e-mail attachment to:
- Late application will not be considered.
- Please clearly indicate the Position and State in the subject line of your mail.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.