We are recruiting to fill the position below: p
Massive Recruitment at MTN Nigeria
” data-medium-file=”https://i2.wp.com/www.jobsfornaija.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/Mtn-Nigeria.jpeg?fit=300%2C150&ssl=1″ data-large-file=”https://i2.wp.com/www.jobsfornaija.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/Mtn-Nigeria.jpeg?fit=696%2C348&ssl=1″ class=”size-medium wp-image-66637″ src=”https://i1.wp.com/www.jobsfornaija.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/Mtn-Nigeria-300×150.jpeg?resize=300%2C150″ alt=”” width=”300″ height=”150″ srcset=”https://i2.wp.com/www.jobsfornaija.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/Mtn-Nigeria.jpeg?resize=300%2C150&ssl=1 300w, https://i2.wp.com/www.jobsfornaija.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/Mtn-Nigeria.jpeg?resize=768%2C384&ssl=1 768w, https://i2.wp.com/www.jobsfornaija.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/Mtn-Nigeria.jpeg?w=1000&ssl=1 1000w” sizes=”(max-width: 300px) 100vw, 300px” data-recalc-dims=”1″ />www.jobsfornaija.com
Job Title: Data Services Support Engineer
- To manage the implementation and support of MTNN network integration of Customer Edge/Core devices in the ADSL, WiFi, WiMAX, GPRS and Enterprise Data Network.
- Extract value from what we already have by focusing on optimizing processes within the Unit/Department in line with the value creation philosophy. This includes individual contributions and recommendations to improve existing business project/initiative.
- Drive Innovation by identifying and taking advantage of new business opportunities, e.g., by stimulating and encouraging new business opportunities, launch of products, product/process innovation, business model innovation etc.
- Maintain leadership in the ICT/Digital industry by partnering with MTNN’s Partners to improve their processes which in turn will improve the efficiency of MTNN’s operations.
- Enhance/expand MTN’s role in the larger national macro environment by participating in CSR projects and/or NGO’s, involvement in recognized professional institutions, participating in think-tank activities etc.
- Analyze and provide information on bandwidth usage, user application/experience and critical upgrades on the Mobile/Fixed Data Network.
- Monitor adherence to processes and procedures to ensure conformance to best practices, thereby identifying opportunities for improvements.
- Coordinate the implementation of Mobile/Fixed Data Network planning functions to achieve the quality and key performance indicators (KPIs), as well as marketing and sales targets defined by the business
- Coordinate vendor-related emergency maintenance on Mobile/Fixed Data Network.
- Oversee constant tracking, monitoring and resolving of faults on the Mobile/Fixed Data Network.
- Oversee proper implementation of change requests and planned work.
- Manage network performance, bandwidth usage and configuration, ensuring conformance with set KPIs.
- Sustain the right organisational culture and behaviors by demonstrating the vital behaviours every time.
- Understand the telecommunication industry local trends and developments, thereby assessing the impact on MTN’s current and future business.
- Monitor performance statistics and generate weekly reports, providing monthly and quarterly progress updates on Mobile/Fixed Data projects.
- Supervise and ensure deliverables of Network Implementation and Network Operations are met as it relates to Mobile/Fixed Data projects.
- Supervise and work effectively with Vendor and Network Planning teams to deliver effectively on all internal/external stakeholder projects.
- Coordinate all Mobile/Fixed Data projects with Vendor Teams
- Manage and direct the objectives and work schedules of projects for the various Planning Units (IP, VAS, Transmission, Core and Fixed)
- Manage Mobile/Fixed Data projects in conformance with business plan and headquarters driven strategy
- Interface with other departments in NWG Planning (IP, VAS, Transmission, Core and Fixed) and CPG to monitor and supervise every stage of the Mobile/Fixed Data project implementation
- Provide weekly, monthly and quarterly reports (to the Data Services Manager) on Mobile/Fixed Data projects
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours
- Open Plan Office
Experience & Training
- Fluent in English
- Cisco/ Juniper certification desired Training
- Advanced MPBN Training
- Advanced GGSN/SGSN Training
- Advanced UNIX Training
- First degree in Electrical/ Electronics or Computer Engineering
- UNIX Certification
- Mobile/Fixed Data Network Vendor-related Courses (BRAS, SAPC, PCrF, MSP, Radius, AAA)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Application Deadline: 21st May, 2017.