Project Officer-Youth Employment and Entrepreneurship Project
Years of experience:
06 Dec 2019
Project development and implementation
* Together with the Programme Manager provide technical expertise on livelihood approaches to Project Assistants to ensure activities are meeting their intended outcomes, objectives and achieving impact.
* Ensure that monthly, quarterly, and annual progress reports are prepared and submitted to expected standards.
* Take lead in developing project activity plans and budget
* Coordinate generation of evidence to inform projects design and implementation
* Work together with Project Assistants to ensure that key project activities including trainings are implemented in line with the standards required.
* Work closely with the YPM in the identification of existing gaps in the project.
* Together with the Youth Engagement Project Officer identify and support strategies to build the capacity of project primary actors to engage in advocacy, policy development and development processes at the national and county development.
* Work with the ICS Project Officer in enhancing the integration of YEEP activities and ICS project activities.
Monitoring & Evaluation and Reporting
* Interrogate and advise on project quality, M&E and reporting.
* Develop project impact tools and ensure they are integrated into the project.
* Lead on reviews and ensuring that information from the M&E report is used to further develop the project
* Compilation of evidenced based reports, collation of lesson-learning, good practice and success stories.
Staff Management and Volunteer Management
* Line manage 2 staff and ensure staff are motivated and supported through regular supervision.
* Provide support in the staff and volunteer recruitment processes.
* Ensure that national volunteers and corporate volunteers are well managed and engaged in the project activities
Budgeting and Financial Management
* Participate in financial planning and phasing, administer and monitor expenditures against budgets and maintain budget tracking records for projects.
* Track, in liaison with Project Accountant the project implementation expenditure levels and manage work plans and budgets and project audit recommendations.
* Manage the budget reporting, requests and process payment requests for project activities.
Relationship management and partnership working
* Participate in country sector specific forums and county/regional levels as will be appropriate.
* Manage partners’ expectations in terms of the support that VSO Kenya can provide, enhance accountability & transparency mechanisms.
* Ensure that all project partners and stakeholders are kept regularly informed about the progress of the project.
Logistical and Administrative support
Coordinate project logistical and administrative support together with the Project Assistants.