About CRS: “Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partner’s people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.”
In Ethiopia, CRS has a long and rich history of providing emergency relief and development assistance to the people of Ethiopia since 1958. At present, CRS/Ethiopia implements multiple projects through different partner organizations. CRS/Ethiopia has a highly diverse portfolio currently focusing on community-based food and livelihood security through activities in agriculture, health, peacebuilding, WASH, emergency relief, and savings and lending. CRS is active in nearly all regions of Ethiopia: Tigray, Amhara, Oromia, Southern Nations, Nationalities, and Peoples’ Region (SNNPR), Somali, Benishangul Gumuz, Afar, and Dire Dawa Regions.
CRS strictly adheres to its Policy on Protection of Children and Vulnerable Adults among its staff, consultants, volunteers, and affiliates. CRS is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer: women, minorities and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
As part of CRS family, you will join the more than 5000 strong and vibrant individuals working globally to accomplish the mission of CRS. CRS/Ethiopia invites you, the qualified candidate, to apply for the following position;
Position Title: Project Officer- Quality Improvement-DFSA
Duty Station: Dire Dawa (1), Shashemene (1)
Employment Term: Indefinite term contingent upon funding of the DFSA program
Reports To: Senior Project Officer-DFSA Quality Improvement and Accountability
Required no: Two
Application Deadline: November 28, 2019
As a member of the DFSA MEAL team, you will monitor and report on all project activities in support of Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) work serving the poor and vulnerable. Your thorough and service-oriented approach will ensure that the project consistently applies best practices and continuously works towards improving the impact of its benefits to those we serve. You will also lead the monitoring and verification of intervention and outcome quality across implementation areas. This will entail conducting periodic assessments of the quality of interventions delivered by the implementation teams and providing improvement suggestions.
- Support the coordination and implementation of all assigned project activities as outlined in the detailed implementation plan in line with CRS program quality principles and standards, donor requirements, and good practices.
- Monitor and report any challenges and/or gaps identified to inform adjustments to plans and implementation schedules. Assist partners in their efforts to reflect on project experiences.
- Develops and implements as a system to monitor quality of outputs and outcomes achieved by the project and provides recommendations on quality improvement measures.
- Conducts periodic assessments using Lot Quality Assurance Sampling (LQAS) or similar technologies to assess the quality of interventions in sampled project locations and develop improvement actions with the project team.
- Collect information on staff capacity needs and technical assistance needs of partner organizations and monitor capacity building and technical support activities to ensure effective impact.
- Complete project documentation for assigned activities. Assist with identifying information for case studies and reports on promising practices.
Education and Experience
- MA/MSC or BA/BSC Degree in the related field of study with 2 years relevant experience for MA/MSC or 4 years relevant experience for BA/BSC degree
- Strong evidence of quantitative techniques
- Experience in participatory action planning and community engagement.
- Experience monitoring projects and collecting relevant data preferred.
- Experience participating in routine and periodic data collection of large scale/complex surveys, studies, and other assessments.
- Experience using statistical analysis software such as SPSS, STATA, R or similar software.
- Proficient in using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint). Mastery of Excel is an added advantage.
- Observation, active listening and analysis skills with the ability to make sound judgment
- Good relationship management skills and the ability to work closely with local partners and community members
- Attention to details, accuracy, and timeliness in executing assigned responsibilities
- Proactive, results-oriented and service-oriented
How to Apply
Please enter via https://form.myjotform.com/93211069413551fill a form and attach your up-to-date CV before the application deadline, November 28, 2019.
Applications should be submitted by November 28, 2019 up to 5:00 PM, late submission will not be accepted. These job opportunities are open to Ethiopian nationals only. Phone solicitations cannot be accepted. You will be contacted only if you are selected for written exam/interview.
** Qualified women are highly encouraged to apply**
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Job City Shashemene, Dire Dawa