Job locations: Nyala, with travel to the other field locations in Darfur
Starting date: As soon as possible
Vacancy closing date: 7th January 2020
Duration position: 1 year, with probable extension
Workhours: Fulltime (40 hours)
ZOA is an international NGO, which offers RELIEF to people who are affected by conflict or natural disasters. ZOA wants to contribute to a new perspective of HOPE in which people work together for a promising future in dignity and mutual trust. Together with the affected communities, we work on the RECOVERY until they can provide to take care of their livelihoods. The international work of ZOA is coordinated from the Netherlands. ZOA is active in multiple countries in Africa, Middle East Region and Asia. ZOA works approximately with 900 employees worldwide.
ZOA is looking for a
Programme Manager Darfur
ZOA started working in Sudan in 2004 in response to the Darfur crisis. In 2010, programmes in the East of the country were also opened. Currently, ZOA has six offices and a portfolio that varies from humanitarian emergency to developmental projects. Main sectors are Water, Food Security and Livelihoods, Peacebuilding, and Education. Adaptation to climate change and migration issues are mainstreamed.
Your programme covers four offices in North, South and West Darfur with implementation by ZOA consortium partners and national partners. Your challenge is to manage, coordinate and to ensure the realisation of the objectives of the projects in your programme. Successfully moving this programme forward requires your peoples as well as your managerial skills.
Your main tasks and responsibilities
Overall leadership and integral management responsibility of the organisation.
Leadership and management
- Responsible for all ZOA activities within programme area;
- Participate in country wide programme and knowledge development;
- Implementing and strategic partnership engagement at programme level;
- Gender and conflict sensitive approach to team management and project activities under her/his responsibility.
- Annual planning for the programme area, with the corresponding annual programme area budget, as an input to the Country Strategic Annual Plan (CSAP);
- Project Cycle management, including needs assessments, formulation of concept notes and proposals and budget;
- Reporting: monthly and quarterly activity and financial reporting, including realization of activities versus budget utilisation; (Providing input to) narrative and financial donor reporting;
- Initiating and maintaining effective working relations with relevant stakeholders at programme area level.
- Budget owner for projects implemented in programme area, including assisting in allocation of indirect costs to project budget;
- Human Resource Management (at individual- and team level) for programme staff;
- Ensures compliance with ZOA’s over-all security policy and procedures.
- The Programme Manager is authorised and accountable within the approved framework and limits.
The Programme manager is accountable to the Country Director.
- The candidate is expected to support the vision and mission of ZOA
Knowledge & Experience:
- Bachelor or Master degree in a humanitarian, development or other relevant field;
- Three to five years field experience (including management) in a development country;
- Good spoken and written command of English.
- Knowledge of Arabic is desired
- Organisational and cultural sensitivity;
- Good writing skills;
- Effective delegation;
- Participative leadership;
- Coaches, challenges and provides opportunities for growth.
- Flexibility and adaptability;
- Interpersonal and cross-cultural sensitivity;
- Able to work under pressures and meet deadlines;
- Able to work in a sometimes fluid and insecure environment.
- You will be based in Nyala, South Darfur
- Special rest and recuperation conditions apply for this post, with Khartoum as rest and recuperation location.
ZOA offers you a challenging job, an inspiring and motivated team and good benefits and remuneration that suits the charities sector.
Do you need more information?
For more information about ZOA, please visit at our website www.zoa-international.com.
If you have questions about this vacancy, you can contact Mrs. Jacolien van den Steenhoven, HR Advisor, email [email protected]
Interested and you want to apply?
ZOA operates with an equal opportunities policy and is committed to diversity in the workplace. Qualified women and men, people of all nationalities, and cultural backgrounds, and candidates with disabilities are welcome to apply.
If you are interested in this position, please apply directly via our website: https://www.zoa-international.com/vacancy/programme-manager-sudan/
Please provide at least 3 references related to your previous employment listed in the application. References of previous positions held should not be older than five years.
- Job City Darfur