New York, USA
UNFPA New York
Job Title: National Post- Programme Associate, GBV/SRH
Job ID: 27433
Location: Arab States
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job title: Programme Associate – SRH/GBV
Position Number: 00149754
Location: Tunis, Tunisia Full/Part time: Full time
Fixed term/Temporary: Fixed Term
Rotational/Non Rotational: Non-Rotational
Duration: One Year
The position is located in Tunis/ Tunisia, and supports the planning and management of UNFPA’s Libya CPD by providing and managing data inputs, providing logistical support, monitoring project implementation and following up on recommendations.
You will report directly to Programme Coordinator.
How you can make a difference:
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s new strategic plan (2018-2021), focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices.
In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
You will apply established systems and procedures and assists in creation of substantive knowledge by compiling, synthesizing and analyzing information relevant to Sexual and Reproductive Health and Gender based violence. You will support in the programme/ project implementation using and developing appropriate systems and ensuring compliance with established procedures.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
You would be responsible for:
- Facilitates contacts and promotes information sharing/exchange between IPs and Programme staff on the issues related to implementation of SRH and GBV intervention and activities. This includes follow up on sharing, documentation and keeping of technical and financial reports, best practices and lessons learnt to inform future programming.
- Contributes to the preparation, implementing and monitoring of the SRH/ GBV projects/programmes and the country programme work at large;
- Reviews and process in collaboration with Finance Unit, advance requests by IPs and ensures all expenditure are in line with UNFPA polices and procedure and the agreed annual work plan (AWP).
- Reviews Implementing Partners’ (IPs) financial supporting documents and ensure all expenditures are fairly presented, and proceed with liquidation process.
- Follow up the payments process with the UNFPA Finance Unit to ensure that cheques and transfers are ready and received by IPs on timely manner.
- Ensures proper management of the programme and office filing and archiving systems;
- Applying UNFPA rules, regulations and procedures especially those related to the Harmonized Approach to Cash Transfer (HACT) and inventory management;
- Update data related to UNFPA partners in the system including agreements and vendor profile in collaboration with the operations team;
- Create, update, review and cancel payment requests (Face forms) in close collaboration with UNFPA partners;
- Create and submit Work plan Progress Report in close collaboration with UNFPA partners;
- Identify sources, and gather and compile data and information for the preparation of documents, guidelines, and papers;
- Assembling briefing materials and prepare power-point and other presentations for the technical and programme team members;
- Organizing, compiling and processing information from donors, Regional Offices, and country offices, as inputs to various databases and documents;
- Providing effective support to management of the CO programme: creation of projects in Atlas (UNFPA automated system), preparation of budget revisions, determination of utilized funds, operational and financial closure of projects; and preparation and follow up on audit exercises of NEX (national execution) projects;
- Handling secretarial and administrative work, including but not limited to: creation and follow up of requisitions in Atlas; processing of minor procurement of goods and services; organize, follow up, and provide logistic support on events, workshops, etc.
- Organizes meetings/appointments for supervisor and arrange consultation schedules for officials visiting CO;
- Support other programme-related activities as required by the programme supervisor and the CO management;
- Liaises closely with the UNFPA team to ensure timely and high quality implementation of project activities, sharing of knowledge and information, proper monitoring, and adjustments to project strategies based on learning as the project proceeds
- Maintains a detailed overview of work plan implementation, next steps and requirements, and follows up as necessary with project team members to ensure smooth implementation and to remove obstacles.
- Support in preparing timely donor briefing, quarterly and annual reports.
- Within the framework of the EU-funded project to advance nursing and midwifery in Libya, ensure organization of the meetings (steering and technical committee), support in organizing missions to Tripoli for international staff and consultants, as well as missions for Libyan and international staff to and outside Libya and contribute to the implementation of spotchecks to partners in Tripoli.
- Perform any other duties as required.
Qualifications and Experience
Completed Secondary Level Education required. First level university degree in public administration, finance, economics other social sciences related disciplines is desirable.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum of 6 years’ of relevant experience particularly in providing general support on information management, research, basic financial and program monitoring; and administration, previous experience in the UN is an advantage;
- Knowledge of program and project management processes, especially experience in population and development-related projects management
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills;
- Mastery of computer software related to spreadsheet, data base, visual presentations and data processing. Hands on skills in ATLAS, Word, Excel, and Power-Point are assets.
Fluency in both written and spoken English and Arabic
- Exemplifying integrity,
- Demonstrating commitment to UNFPA and the UN system,
- Embracing cultural diversity,
- Embracing change
- Logistical support
- Managing data
- Managing documents, correspondence and reports
- Managing information and workflow
- Planning, organizing and multi-tasking
- Managing financial processes
- Job knowledge / technical expertise
- Achieving results,
- Being accountable,
- Developing and applying professional expertise/business acumen,
- Thinking analytically and strategically,
- Working in teams/managing ourselves and our relationships,
- Communicating for impact
Compensation and Benefits
This position offers an attractive remuneration package including a competitive net salary.
UNFPA does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Fraudulent notices, letters or offers may be submitted to the UNFPA fraud hotline http://www.unfpa.org/help/hotline.cfm
In accordance with the Staff Regulations and Rules of the United Nations, persons applying to posts in the international Professional category, who hold permanent resident status in a country other than their country of nationality, may be required to renounce such status upon their appointment.
For any questions or comments please contact [email protected]