Program Manager, US Disaster Response
31 Jan 2020
The Program Manager of US Disaster Response who will assist in strengthening the capacity of the organization to prepare for and respond to disasters in the U.S. and territories through the provision of program support and guidance, training, and leadership development.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Maintains professional communications with organization personnel, grantees, consultants, and external partners.
- Attends staff meetings and participates in strategic planning for the program unit.
- Supervises directly or indirectly other program and administrative staff in the unit.
- Supports curriculum development in areas of expertise and supports the curriculum development of the unit as a whole.
- Works with organizations as needed to develop proposals for possible funding.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Recommends strategies, processes, and procedures to promote efficient and effective grant-making on behalf of the unit in cooperation with other internal organizational units.
- Supports the Director in partner project development, project monitoring and evaluation.
- Monitors grant compliance and assures the accuracy of grant status in cooperation with other departments.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
EXPERIENCE and REQUIREMENTS
- At least two (2) years of experience leading projects management, monitoring and evaluating progress, as well as demonstrated direct experience strengthening grantees’ capacity for grants management.
- Three to five (5) years of experience in team leadership or project management required.
- Experience working in humanitarian aid organization preferred.
- Certificate in project management, organizational development or humanitarian assistance preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Fluency in English is required, with additional ability to speak Spanish is preferred.
KEY JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- Results-Driven — Job requires accountability and continuous improvement and the ability to make timely and effective decisions and produce results through strategic planning and the implementation and evaluation of programs and policies.
- Analytical Thinking and Problem Solving — job requires analyzing information and using logic to address work-related issues and problems; ability to research, analyze and evaluate information to resolve challenges and problems and identify alternative solutions to a problem and to select the best option.
- Relationship Management – contribute to team objectives, coordinate and network among and across teams; develops and maintains effective relationships with key partners in the achievement of program/project objectives; seeks out and maintains external and internal relationships to promote information /idea sharing, influence decision making and strengthen the success of the project/program outcome.