Follow this company
Job Title: Program Manager, DFSA, Resilient Livelihoods
Internal Title: Program Manager II
Job Type: Full-Time
Reports To: Deputy Chief of Party- Nuyok
You will manage and provide technical oversight of the development and implementation of the Livelihood and Resilience purposes under Nuyok Development Food Security Activity (DFSA), ensuring effective systems and processes are in place that support high-quality programming advancing Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) work in serving the poor and vulnerable. Your management skills and knowledge will ensure that Nuyok delivers high-quality programming and continuously works towards improving the impact of its agriculture, livelihoods and disaster risk reduction programming.
Scope: Directly supervises 2 Team Leads and oversight responsibility for 5 Program Managers and 4 Project Officers. Responsible for outputs and impact of $16 million project portfolio.
Education and Experience
- Master’s Degree in International Development, International Relations or in the fields of Agriculture, Agribusiness, Agricultural Ecology, Food Security, Rural development or any other related fields.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in program/project management with an international NGO, with preferably at least 2-3 years working in food security, agriculture/agribusiness livelihood or resilience program areas.
- Good experience in project grants management, including project design, preferably for grants from multiple public donors, including USAID.
- Demonstrated ability to write high quality technical proposals in English.
- Experience engaging with partner organizations
- MEAL skills and experience
- Staff management experience and abilities that are conducive to a learning environment.
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications, information management systems.
Required/Desired Foreign Language
Strong written and verbal communication skills in English with ability to write technical reports. Knowledge of Ngakaramojong or Leb-thur is a plus.
Travel Required Based in CRS Moroto Sub-Office with at least 50% travel to Nuyok implementation districts and Kampala Head Office
Supervisory: Supervises Livelihoods Team Lead and Resilience Manager
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
About the Organization
CRS staff, alongside our partners and the people we serve, work daily to bring our mission and guiding principles to life. We share our stories of hope, compassion and solidarity to inspire others to join us in creating a more just and prosperous world for all.
- Apply now
Start your application
Applications for this position must be completed on the recruiting organization’s website.
Find more international development jobs and create alerts to have opportunities delivered to your inbox.