Years of experience:
30 Nov 2019
Position: Intermediate Program Coordinator
Contract type: Fixed term
Starting date: 1.12.19
Contract Duration: 3 months (with an option to extend)
SUMMARY This role is an exciting opportunity to work with and manage six PSS Officers on a GIZ funded project aiming to strengthen mental health capacity within the education system in Sofala Province, Mozambique. The role will oversee the general day-to-day management of the project, ensure adherence to quality standards and compliance with project and donor requirements.
CONTEXT IsraAID is a non-profit, non-governmental and apolitical humanitarian aid agency dedicated to supporting populations in crisis around the world, Founded in 2001. As of 2017, the organization has responded to crises in 42 countries and has operations span across 17 countries and a wide number of different sectors of expertise from both the humanitarian aid and international development arenas.
In the aftermath of Cyclone Idai’s destructive path, IsraAID started emergency response programs in Mozambique with WASH and protection interventions. Today and thousands of vulnerable communities left without support, including women and children, who are suffering from the psychological impact of the disaster. IsraAID is starting to implement new programs in collaboration with Ministry of Education and bilateral donors to contribute to reconstruction and resilience building in the country. IsraAID is setting up an operation that requires additional support in the setting up period.
IsraAID Mozambique considers the welfare and protection of children, young people and vulnerable adults to be an organizational imperative with primacy over the success of programs or strategic objectives. We recognize that safeguarding is everyone’s responsibility and we expect all of our staff, volunteers, and partners to ensure we protect the communities in which we operate from harm and abide by our Safeguarding Policy.
- Program implementation
● Implement a capacity assessment in preparation for project implementation.
● Design the program’s M&E and workplan.
● Planning, coordinating and ensuring follow up of activities according to the project plan (e.g. training days/sessions, follow up support sessions and meetings).
● Contribute to the management of budgets.
● Act as a key contact point between communities, the Ministry of Education, other players, and IsraAID at the province level.
- Ensuring program quality of activities, outcomes, and impact
● Ensure timely and accurate inputs into monitoring and evaluation (M&E) project targets, milestones and indicators in line with the log frame and contributing to reports.
● Document and produce case studies of best practice in the team to share with partners and the donor.
● Produce narrative reports in line with reporting deadlines and donor/HQ requirements, and support in ensuring systems are in place for the production of accurate information for timely reporting.
● Lead the development of strategic relationships with key governmental and non-governmental stakeholders and partners in the Province.
- Ensure sound financial management of project funds
● Ensure that IsraAID values, finance policies, and procedures are adhered to by the team.
● Prepare monthly budgets and requisitions, understanding the approved budget position per item line.
● Contribute to the detailed monthly/quarterly variance analysis of budgets.
● Ensure requisitions and retirements are appropriately implemented and that a; expenditures are backed by the required supporting documentation
● Ensuring the safeguarding policy is implemented across the program, identifying and reporting any concerns or possible incidents.
● Other duties as required according to the program’s needs.
Relevant bachelor’s degree
Volunteering / Experience with a Humanitarian Organization
English and Portuguese (Fluent/mother tongue)