Follow this company
Market Related – Monthly
Professional Nurse Counsellor – Western Cape/Cape Metro Contract Position
TB HIV Care(THC), in existence since 1929, is an internationallyrecognisednon-profitorganisation. TB HIV Care provides health care services throughout South Africa to both the general population and communities at increased risk for HIV and TB, including adolescent girls and young women, sex workers and people who use drugs. TB HIV Care provides a stimulating work environment and the opportunity to work with leaders in the field of HIV and TB prevention and care. Our work culture is adapted to the constantly evolving South African health care environment and will suit solution-driven team players interested in opportunities for career development while working to connect people with care.
Purpose of the position
To provide a comprehensive Wellness mobile health service by providing HIV testing and counselling services linked to screening and diagnosing clients for TB/STI’s. Provision of treatment and clinical care to HIV & TB patients and ensure successful linkage to care.
Main Job Tasks, Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and conduct outreach programmes and HCT services in the community, workplace, correctional services, farms schools and DOH facilities
- Provide an enhanced appropriate package of treatment care and support of clients diagnosed with HIV, TB, STI’s, and other health related conditions
- Provide technical assistance in HIV counseling and recording
- Collaborate with community role-players in engaging scaling up of TB/HIV service provision
- Maintain relations with health services and other NGO’s working to support program.
- Appropriate referral of all the necessary health related conditions needed further management- ART, psychosocial, substance abuse, gender-based violence, etc.
Education and Experience:
- Diploma /Bachelor’s degree in Nursing
- SANC registered as a Professional Nurse Counsellor
- 2 years’ experience in HIV counselling and testing
- Ability to communicate in Afrikaans, English and IsiXhosa
- Intermediate level computer literacy (Excel)
- Valid code 08 driver’s license
- Clear criminal record
Key Skills and Competencies:
- An understanding of the challenges facing sex workers in the health context and an ability to communicate and work well with sex workers in the provision of health services.
- An in-depth understanding and knowledge of legislative requirements, acceptable practices and procedures.
- Report-writing skills
- Planning skills
- Good communication skills
- Non-judgmental, trustworthy and empathetic personality
- Good interpersonal skills, including being a team player
- Demonstrate strong professional attitude and behaviour at all times
- Ability to work non-traditional hours which may include weekends from time to time
- Good attention to detail and accuracy
- Organisational and planning skills
- High level of numeracy with excellent attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships with stakeholders
- Good problem-solving ability
- Very good reasoning ability
- Excellent knowledge of HIV, TB and STI, prevention approaches and DoH screening guidelines
Closing Date: 6 December 2019
165-062 NPO PBO 930052409 2015/122776/08
Ad Visible Until: 6 December 2019