CARE is a leading humanitarian organization dedicated to fighting poverty and social injustice with a special emphasis on women and girls. We are known everywhere for our unshakable commitment to the dignity of people. CARE partners contribute to the empowerment of the most marginalized and vulnerable rural women and girls to exercise their rights. CARE’s East and Central Africa (ECA) Regional Office is part of CARE International, whose vision is to seek a world of hope, tolerance, and social justice, where poverty has been overcome and people live in dignity and security. The Regional Office is responsible for the oversight of CARE’s operations in the region as well as the provision of support to country offices in the region.
CARE USA Core Values Commitment
The Core Values Commitment describes who we are, what we do, and how we do it. It reflects our core values of TRANSFORMATION, INTEGRITY, DIVERSITY, EQUALITY and EXCELLENCE, which serve as a foundation for all what we do. The Core Values Commitment articulates our shared expectations of each other including our board, staff, volunteers, interns, partners and contractors globally.
Department: Nairobi Shared Services Unit (SSU)
Reports to: Finance and Operations Manager
Duty Station: Nairobi, Kenya (This is a national position)
The post holder will be responsible for managing the Nairobi Shared Services Procurement and Administration functions. S/He will ensure close functional collaboration with other unit staff to enhance efficiency in the provision of services and accountability.
This position is responsible for the management of procurement and general administration of office facilities, assets/property, and transport logistics (internal and outsourced).
1. Supply Chain Management
- Ensure effectiveness across the unit to attain cost effectiveness, efficiency, accountability, and timely supply of goods and services and value for money.
- Ensure appropriate practice in supplier pre-qualification, tender processes, and asset disposal.
- Source for quotations, compile Supplier Bid Analysis (SBA), and award successful suppliers. Seek relevant approvals where necessary.
- Prepare and send Purchase Orders to suppliers and get acknowledgement of receipt and confirmation on delivery dates. Coordinate cash purchases from supplier premises as required.
- Issue pre-qualification documents and prepare supplier register.
- Carry out procurement related filing (both manual and electronic).
- Follow up on sent waybills with the consignee in-country to ensure that deliveries are confirmed.
2. Administration and Facility Management
- Maintain a simple but effective administrative system for the regional office.
- Maintain oversight and ensure timely payments of invoices related to the office, administration and facilities management in Nairobi.
- Ensure compliance with the relevant registration procedures and our presence in the country.
- Responsible for the maintenance of facility leases and ensures that the leases remain valid and up to date.
- Responsible for the maintenance of leases and rental contracts.
3. Travel and Events Management
- Liaison/contact person for events management requests coming from the region, country offices and the wider organization.
- Maintain oversight of efficient and cost-effective local travel and transport related activities (taxis and rental vehicles) for staff locally and visitors from abroad.
- Flight bookings & management: ensure that bookings are made on the most competitive fares.
- Coordinate local staff movement. i.e. organize pick up and drop off for staff who arrive and depart from other countries.
4. Asset management
- Responsible for equipment movement and ensures that proper records are maintained.
- Customer Focus – Internal & External
- Problem Solving
- Functional technical skills
- Process Management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Qualifications and Experience
- Professional qualification in commercial purchasing–supply standards, such as Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply (CIPS) or equivalent
- At least 1 – 2 years professional experience in a similar role
- Strong organizational and administrative experience
- IT literacy in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Degree in Supply Chain Management or Logistics or equivalent
- Experience working in an International NGO
Interested candidates who meet the criteria are encouraged to send in their applications that includes a cover letter and updated CV attached as one document to [email protected] with the subject title “Procurement and Administration Assistant – Maternity Cover”. The closing date is 30th September 2022.
While we would like to respond to all applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CARE seeks to improve the lives of the most marginalized, particularly women and girls. Our diversity is our strength. We strongly encourage women of various backgrounds and abilities to apply.