Years of experience:
10 Dec 2019
World Vision International – Jordan:
Join and be part of a global relief, development and advocacy NGO, dedicated to work with children, families & communities to overcome poverty and injustice. World Vision International was established in 1950 & operates in nearly 100 countries worldwide.
World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we do not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
Position: Partnership Coordinator
Project Planning and Implementation
Ø Oversee the implementation of Component 1 of remedial education program (which is handover activities).
Ø Work towards the project objective specified in the proposal to hand over the activities or project itself to external stakeholders in the most effective way by discussing hand over strategies closely with Project Manager.
Ø Develop remedial education materials which integrates project knowledge in close cooperation with external consultant, Coordinator in charge of Component 2, field staff, Education technical advisor in WV, support office staff and professor in Japan.
Ø Conduct various field visits to the different areas of operations to monitor and learn progress of the remedial education program to be handed over.
Ø Work closely with Coordinator in charge of Component 2 to ensure that the skills of field staff will be handed over and utilized after the project end.
Ø Ensure all activities and outputs are achieved in a timely manner, as outlined in the proposal. Keep track of timelines, outstanding tasks, upcoming activities. Identify early warning signs and develop appropriate responses in close coordination with Project Manager.
Partnership and networking
Ø Initiate and lead coordination meetings with Ministry of Education and other organization implementing remedial education program
Ø Discuss effectively with the local and central authorities; facilitate regular communication on the project handover.
Ø Discuss effectively with external stakeholders who could take over the project; facilitate regular communication on the project handover.
Ø Effectively liaise and collaborate with Project Manager, sector managers, specialists and coordinators at WV Jordan office. Seek guidance and support from them.
Ø Work closely with Coordinator in charge of field (Component2) to learn about the experience and situation in the field.
Ø Participate in WVJ meetings, prepare and present project progress and information compiled in the field visits and coordination meetings, reporting achievements and variances.
Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting
Ø In coordination with the Monitoring Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) team, assist in the development of clear monitoring and evaluation tools.
Ø Responsible for overseeing the Component 1 by ensuring that activities are proceeded timely and in a high quality.
Ø Coordinate regular data collection on progress of the activities and indicators.
Ø Collect data and information required for material development in close coordination with
Ø Coordinator in charge of Component, using these as opportunities to elicit and document achievements, most significant changes, challenges, learning and opportunities.
Ø Ensure all programming comply with WVs’ Code of Conduct and Child Protection Policy by increasing team capacity to disseminate and apply.
Ø Promote the protection rights of the vulnerable children by identifying key protection threats affecting the children participating in all the WV JPF project activities.
Ø Perform other duties as required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· BA/S or equivalent in social science, management, international development, or other relevant field; MA/S in law, international relations, human rights or other relevant field preferred but not necessary. Post graduate education training is an added advantage.
· At least 4 years of progressive experience and proven high level of competence in working in education programs in Jordan
· 2-4 years in partner management or external relations (attending/leading coordination meetings, negotiating with government ministries and other external entities)
· Excellent English and Arabic communication skills (both oral and written)
· Skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Proven working experience in project coordination and management.
- Background in Education in Emergency field.
- Familiar with core principles of Children Rights, Child Protection, Participation, Do No Harm, Sphere.
- Knowledge of and adherence to the Child Protection Standards, Red Cross and NGO Code of Conduct.
- Working knowledge of the logical framework approach to project design, monitoring and evaluation/ project cycle management.
· Strong facilitation and presentation skills with a passion for sharing knowledge
- Ability to work independently and as part of a diverse team.
- Highly organized and ability to multi-task.
- Excellent analytical/problem-solving skills and attention to detail in the development of written documents.
- Very good and efficient communicator.
- Good interpersonal skills, Cross-cultural sensitivity, flexible worldview, emotional maturity, and physical stamina
- Flexible to work in field locations, able and willing to travel to the area of operation on a regular basis to meet the project requirements.
- Excellent English skills (both oral and written) and Arabic.
- Self-motivated, positive attitude and with a willingness to learn.
- Ability to recognize problems and solve them efficiently.
- Ability to cope and work under pressure.
· Must be computer literate, with knowledge and hands on skills with email and in MS Office Word and Excel. Experience with Power Point and Project Management software is an asset.