Follow this company
ZAR/month + Accommodation Full Live in Status + work permits and Visas
17 April 2019
My Client a Private Game and Wilderness Reserve is looking for an Operations General Manager to lead the continued development of a co-owned 20,700 hectare fenced game and wilderness reserve situated in the Tuli Block in the central eastern sector of Botswana. The Limpopo River forms the southern border of the Reserve. The initial phases of development on the Reserve have been completed and include some of the planned infrastructure and roads, staff accommodation, as well as a 4-star co-owned camp consisting of seven 2 & 3 bedroomed lodges which are also used for revenue generating tourism. There is also a growing number of privately-owned luxury lodges being built on the reserve. The Reserve is a de-horned rhino sanctuary but is also home to a large variety of species including elephant, lion, leopard, cheetah, wild dogs, spotted and brown hyaena, eland, giraffe, zebra, impala, wildebeest, etc.
This is an exciting and rewarding opportunity for the experienced professional candidate who enjoys the bush and thrives on the challenge of leading an organisation of approximately 70 employees and will be responsible for the further infrastructural and conservation development of this magnificent peace of Africa.
The General Manager will be based at the Reserve and shall provide executive direction and leadership to the organisation and report to the Board of Directors. As such, the role is accountable to the Board for the efficient and effective management of all aspects of the Reserve.
- This position would be available on a single status or family staus senario , however due to the remoteness of this position consideration can only be given to the family status senario with small children which are not at school going age as there are no schools in the nearby area at all.
- This is not a management couple position and as such the acompanying Spouse will not be granted working status visa / permit
- My Client offers a competitive remuneration package including housing which is commensurate with the seniority of the role and in line with the successful candidate’s experience and qualifications.
- Work permits , Visa’s etc will be covered by the company
- A relevant qualification (Hospitality, Conservation or Business or a combination would be preferable);
- Proven experience with an exceptional track record as a General Manager or similar with full P&L accountability;
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience working at GM or senior management level in a similar environment;
- A proven and positive history of developing and empowering staff;
- A proven and positive history working with and leading diverse stakeholder interests;
- A proven and positive history of meeting targeted outcomes;
- Able to demonstrate the ability to build, lead and motivate a competent and effective management team;
- A proven positive history working with government agencies;
- A proven positive history working with local communities;
- Have knowledge, passion and experience for hospitality and conservation;
- Strategy Implementation – Accountable for the development, execution and achievement of the annual, 3-year and 5-year operational and conservation plans that support the strategic direction as agreed by the co-owner body and overseen by the Board of Directors. This includes operational plans, EIA & Master Development Plan, marketing & sales for share sales and tourism amongst, lodge management, maintenance and others;
- Financial Management – Accountable for the financial management of the Company including the development, management and achievement of the annual budgets, monthly management accounts, internal controls, preparation for financial audits, capital expenditure plans and budgets, fixed asset register and depreciation;
- Leadership – Accountable for the provision of professional leadership to ensure the successful and efficient execution of operational plans (Lodge, Maintenance, Human Resources, Administration, Logistics, procurement, accounting) in line with the Vision, Mission and, by example, the demonstration of the Values of the organisation. This includes the inculcation of a service orientated culture, the development of a two-level down succession plan and staff empowerment through 6-monthly performance reviews of all staff against set KRA’s, staff welfare and participation on the remuneration committee;
- Stakeholder Relations – Accountable for Liaising with external and internal stakeholders including the landowner association, neighboring property owners, the social responsibility structures, Board sub-communities, shareholders and government agencies, NGO’s and academic institutions;
- General – Accountable for the development, and maintenance of up-to-date and accurate statutory records, policies & procedures and the liaison with, among others, the company secretarial services, legal advisors, etc.;
- Communication – Accountable for the development, implementation and maintenance of a fully comprehensive and robust communication strategy with all stakeholders.
PLEASE NOTE THAT IF YOU HAVE NOT RECEIVED CONFIRMATION THAT YOU HAVE BEEN SHORTLISTED WITHIN 4 WEEKS OF APPLICATION THEN YOUR APPLICATION HAS BEEN UNSUCCESSFUL