Washington, United States
This is an internal opportunity. Only IDB staff and DTCs are eligible to apply for internal opportunities.
Operations Associate – 1900000959
Operations Associate Background: The division of Financial Management and Procurement Services for Operations (FMP) of the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB) is currently looking for an Operations Associate to help us drive innovation, process improvement, corporate and operational efficiency, business analytics, fiduciary budget preparation and monitoring support in our division . The selected candidate will be part of the FMP front office team and work under the supervision of the Division Chief.
The team: FMP works in collaboration with IDB partners to support borrowing member countries to strengthen their fiduciary systems, advise on the design and implementation of their operations, and provide effective fiduciary oversight. Given recent technological advances in the fields of artificial intelligence, machine learning, block chain, big data, etc. and their implication for development banking, FMP’s vision is to ‘Anticipate, create, and adapt’.
What you’ll do
Business intelligence and data analytics
- Collaborate and support in the interpretation of data, trends and results analyses using statistical techniques.
- Monitor and report on the progress of FMP´s strategic plan.
- Maintain communication with other data analytic teams within the Bank to find synergies and align efforts to avoid duplication of initiatives.
- Develop visualizations and dashboards to share relevant information. Work with the management team to prioritize business and information needs.
- Provide FMP with knowledge products and accurate conclusions from the data sets to support the decision-making.
- Contribute to the generation and quality control of the data until more efficient solutions are developed.
Operational Business Support
- Coordinate requests and monitor the execution of the fiduciary budget according to guidelines and business needs.
- Develop or facilitate the development of operational business analytics reporting tools and support efforts to consolidate operational reporting and dashboards.
Education: You have a Master’s degree (or equivalent ‘Licenciatura’/Ingenieria, requiring 5 years of full-time studies) in accounting, business administration, economics, finance, business analytics or related areas. Experience: You have at least 3 years of relevant experience. Languages: You are fluent in English and Spanish (oral and written). Knowledge of French and/or Portuguese is a plus. Core Competencies (← please Ctrl + Click)
Technical Competencies (← please Ctrl + Click) Opportunity Summary: Type of contract: Fixed-term, staff Length of contract: 3 years Starting date: Upon agreement with selected candidate Location: Washington, D.C. Requirements: You must be a citizen of one of the 48 IDB Member Countries and have no family member working at the IDB Group.
Our culture: Our people are committed and passionate about improving lives in Latin-America and the Caribbean, and they get to do what they love in a diverse, collaborative and stimulating work environment. We are the first Latin American and Caribbean development institution to be awarded the EDGE certification, recognizing our strong commitment to gender equality. As an employee you can be part of internal resource groups that connect our diverse community around common interests.
We encourage women, afro-descendants, people of indigenous origins, and persons with disabilities to apply.
About us: At the IDB, we’re committed to improving lives. Since 1959, we’ve been a leading source of long-term financing for economic, social, and institutional development in Latin America and the Caribbean. We do more than lending though. We partner with our 48-member countries to provide Latin America and the Caribbean with cutting-edge research about relevant development issues, policy advice to inform their decisions, and technical assistance to improve on the planning and execution of projects. For this, we need people who not only have the right skills, but also are passionate about improving lives.
The IDB offers a competitive remuneration and benefits package.
A candidate has been pre-identified for this position and may apply. However, this remains a competitive process and
other qualified candidates are encouraged to apply and will be duly considered.
Our team in Human Resources carefully reviews all applications.
Primary Location: HQ-US-Washington DC
Job Posting: Nov 22, 2019, 5:00:00 AM
Closing Date: Dec 10, 2019, 4:59:00 AM
Contact Email – Internal: [email protected]