Job summary :
The key focus of the Nutrition Manager is to manage and oversee the emergency nutrition programmes in Pugnido I refugee camp, Gambella. The Nutrition Manager will provide technical oversight and management of all emergency nutrition interventions such as BSFP, TSFP, OTP, SC and IYCF-E. S/he will ensure that emergency nutrition projects are implemented in line with project proposals and plans – on time, within scope and budget and ensuring quality and adherence to national and international standards and Concern guidelines. The Nutrition Manager will promote collaboration and coordination ARRA, UNHCR and other partners operate in the area and will participate in regional nutrition meetings as required.
Main duties and responsibilities :
Capacity Building and Technical supervision
- Adhere to existing protocols/ checklists and develop new templates if required in order for project staff to conduct on-the-Job Supervision and quality control supervision of CMAM services (OTP and Inpatient facilities)
- Provide technical support and advice to teams and ensure quality of the programmes
- Provide guidance to staff on any new program initiatives and assist them in the roll-out of new initiatives or corrective actions.
- Work with the Concern team, team leaders, MEAL officer and nutritionists in analysis of nutrition data and develop, report and provide feedback for the team
Ensure that Monitoring, reporting and learning are done effectively and efficiently by;
- Prepare and submit timely and high quality written reports for Concern, external stakeholders and donors
- Review and provide feedback to draft reports produced by subordinates.
- Documenting feedback from all meetings and disseminating to the local team and Addis.
- Supporting any survey undertaken by the project.
Coordination & Liaison
- Actively works with ARRA, UNHCR, Area Coordinator and other programme staff to promote and facilitate good working relationships, collaboration and clear communication.
- Attend external meetings to represent Concern and provide information on the nutrition programme
- Coordinate with other nutrition and non-nutrition actors in the area
- Prepare detailed budget plan and implement the approved budget in line with Concern Finance policies and procedures
- Responsible for ensuring proper, efficient and timely utilization of allocated program/project budget, including purchasing of materials
- Participate and give appropriate input for the project during the budget revision process
- Prepare a project procurement plan and ensure its timely implementation
- Directly manage the nutrition site team leaders and outreach team leader
- Set performance objectives for direct reports using the Concern PDR system and carry out performance development reviews
- Identify ways of increasing individual staff effectiveness and providing regular feedback on performance.
- Provide technical and managerial support to coach field staffs in order to build their capacity to perform their assigned roles and responsibilities
- Address any HR issues in a timely and appropriate manner
- Ensure the mainstreaming of gender within the programme and of cross cutting issues including accountability and the environment, in line with Concern Worldwide Ethiopia guidelines.
- Support the roll-out of organisational initiatives in Equality and humanitarian accountability
- Demonstrate understanding of Concern Ethiopia’s Gender Equality Strategy
- Contribute to ensuring that Concern Ethiopia is a place where men and women are treated equally and with dignity and respect
- Demonstrate Gender equality awareness and gender sensitivity and able to integrate in all outreach tasks and activities.
- Undertake other related duties as may be assigned by the Area Coordinator or Addis team.
Concern has a Programme Participant Protection Policy and Concern Code of Conduct which has been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants, especially beneficiaries, from abuse and exploitation, and to clarify the responsibilities of Concern staff, partner organisations, and anyone engaged by Concern or visiting our programmes, and the standards of behaviour expected of them. In this context all Concern staff have a responsibility to the organisation to strive for, and maintain, the highest standards in the day-to-day conduct of their work in accordance with Concern’s core values and mission.
Any candidate offered a job with Concern will be expected to sign the Programme Participant Protection Policy and Concern Code of Conduct as an appendix to their contract of employment. By signing the Programme Participant Protection Policy and the Concern Code of Conduct candidates demonstrate they have understood its content and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of this document.
Any breach of the Programme Participant Protection Policy and Concern Code of Conduct by employees of Concern during the course of their employment will result in disciplinary action up to, and including, dismissal.
What we offer
- A competitive salary and benefit package
- Excellent medical benefits (100% cover including dependents)
- 20 days annual leave
- 26 weeks (paid) maternity leave, 18 weeks(unpaid) parental leave
- Job specification :
Job Specification :
- Degree in Public Health or Nutrition
- Master’s degree in Public Health or Nutrition a distinct advantage
- Excellent written and spoken English
Job related experience and knowledge:
- At least 5 years technical experience in managing staff in CMAM of which 3 years will be in a direct management position.
- Experience of working in Refugee and partnership with relevant partners such as ARRA and UNHCR.
- Familiar with ARRA and UNHCR and key stakeholders’ policies on refugee.
- Strong technical capacity, excellent personnel management skills, leadership qualities, mediation and facilitation skills.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send non-returnable C.V., application letter outlining how their experience and education fit this vacancy, please note that no need to submit your supporting documents at this stage:
Concern Ethiopia, Human Resource Department
P.O. Box 2434, Addis Ababa OR Apply in person at our Office in Addis Ababa, Front Desk
Only short listed candidates will be contacted
- Job City Pugnido Refugee Camp, Gambela