NGO Jobs For Today at Medecins du Monde
Médecins du Monde (MdM) is an international humanitarian organization whose mission is to provide medical care for the most vulnerable populations, the world over, including France. It seeks to stimulate voluntary commitment from doctors, other health care providers, and from those whose expertise in other fields is needed for its activities, to enlist all competent support required for the achievement of its projects, and to seek at all times to encourage close working relationships with populations in its care.
We are recruiting to to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant – Base Log Supply
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Supervisor: Base Logistician
Functional Supervisor: Mission Supply Logistician
- The Base log supply assistant (BLSA) works under the responsibility of the Base Logistician. He has functional links with the Mission supply logistician.
- He supports the base logistician for all supply, storage and transportation responsibilities at base level:
- Realize purchasing at the better prices and qualities
- Ensure to follow all purchase process (under MDM procurement process)
- Work in close collaboration with the pharmacist on all medical orders and deliveries done at national level by the National Supply Logistician;
- Follow up of medical item deliveries with the pharmacist
- Keep and update all logistic purchase files system
- Assist the pharmacist for stock management
- Any other additional duties requested by his supervisor
Tasks and Responsibilities
Objective 1 – In collaboration with the base Log responsible for supervising the supply chain at base level:
- Responsible for local purchasing of goods for the mission, upon instruction and under the supervision of the MdM Purchasing procedures
- Purchase goods ensuring the optimum price/quality ratio on the market
- Collecting quotations and checking prices for purchase of goods and services
- Ensure that the suppliers fill in all receipts/invoices for local purchases correctly
- Ensure the delivery of all purchased items to the requester, collects the proof of delivery and proceeds to the validation of the invoices by the Admin team
- Do not accept money, loans, credits, gifts, entertainment or commissions from past, present or future suppliers.
- Ensure the implementation of supply procedure according to MDM procedure
- Monitor the supply, the deadlines, delivery dates;
- In collaboration with the base log, make sure that all purchase done by following the financial plan, cash forecast
- Check the Purchase dossier before sending for validation;
- Update the purchase follow up, and shared it with project team and Log base;
- Anticipate the supply activities related to projects and convey to purchaser on time
- Participate in project procurement plan
Object 3 – Transport:
- Anticipate the transport needs for projects & office activities
- Make sure the safe & on time transportation of projects material to the field or between warehouse,
- For items send from the base to the clinics Maiduguri: In collaboration with the Log base team, anticipate the need of daily worker for of loading, and loading in each request make sure that the following information (Number of daily worker, purpose of work, volume, quantity, weight, duration). Be sure that the daily worker rate payment of MDM Nigeria is followed.
- Make sure that all transport document are in place and signed by the required staff, Way bill, packing list, contract, etc.
- Make sure that all materiel is checked when of loading before storage.
Objective 4 – Stock Management:
- For materiel coming from Maiduguri, none equipment: Check, record and put away goods received, under the supervision of the log base.
- Regularly check inventory levels (physical counts) for logistic stock.
- When an order is received: Check the number of packages, check packaging and content and inform the log base of any problems (missing or damaged goods, etc.).
- After receipt, puts the goods away following instructions of the log base.
- After receipt, immediately update the stock cards, recording the reference number of the receipt document, and put the goods away.
- Ensure that all items are well organised and correctly stored, well protected, fully identified and easily accessible (cleanliness, security, access, etc.).
Objective 5 – Base meeting and report:
- Participate meetings with logistics base staff;
- Participate in logistics meetings and programs for the purchase update once a week,
- Participate with the Log base at the monthly SITREP, each last week of the month
- Participate with the Log base at the Logistic monthly report each end of the month (none asset inventory, purchase follow up) and submitted to the log base.
- Update the supplier data list, on monthly basis.
- Update the data prices on monthly basis.
Profile of the ideal Candidate
- Education (Essential) Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field
- Professional Experience 2 Years
- Computer, Report Writing, fleet management, staff management Microsoft Word & Excel
- Report Writing
- Additional Skills: Ability to work in low resource field environments.
- Language Skills: Fluent in English (Speaking, Reading, Writing), Kanuri and Hausa are added advantage
- Personal Skills: Ability to work under tight deadlines, team-work, negotiation skils and flexible working hours
Application Closing Date
27th November, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
- Thank you for your interest in our organization, please answer each question clearly and completely.
- By submitting this form, you certify that the statement you made in answer to the foregoing questions are true, complete and correct, please do not send email, just fill this form.
- Kindly note that MDM Nigeria does not ever require nor accept any compensation whatsoever in exchange for recruitment.
Job Title: Logistician – Administrator (M/F)
Location: Damboa, Borno
Fixed-term contract: 6 months
Starting date: December 2018
- Under the responsibility of the field coordinator, you are in charge of carrying out administrative, accounting, financial and logistics management of Damboa base.
More specifically, your responsibilities are to:
- Ensure procurement in the respect of the MdM procedures, guidelines and policies
- Follow the operational implementation of the stock and asset procedure
- Suggest and implement tailor-made trainings to key staff
- Follow up the vehicle rental framework contract
- Supervise the planning and execution of maintenance and repair work on mission vehicles
- Establish vehicle movement schedules
- Ensure that drivers are aware of their obligation to adhere to MdM safety rules and procedures
- Support the field coordinator in all aspects of security management
- Make sure that all communications means are in place and well used by the team
- Attend to security meetings on delegation of the field coordinator and network closely with logistics departments of other humanitarian actors
- Collect security reports and follow up.
- Supervise the log/admin team and provide guidance and technical support
- Provide regular reporting to the logistics coordinator upon solicitation, especially through standard monthly reporting tools
- Ensure the regular order for the compound and the maintenance of the base
- Supervise the team of guards and drivers
- Provide support in implementations of the water and sanitation (WASH) activities as well as the infection prevention and control (IPC)
Administrative, human resources and finance:
- Support the human resources coordinator in ensuring the proper application of HR policies and associated processes
- Ensure all staff files are up-to-date including the staff database
- Manage the filing, storage and security of documents
- Supervise all disbursements, payments at the base level (in respect of donors’ budgets) and ensure the security of funds and safety of staff
- Ensure the smooth transfer and security of funds
- Prepare and finalize the base fund forecast with field coordinator and program managers
- Update the budget follow up and forecast on monthly bases and conduct a meeting to share the results
- Participate and assist the finance coordinator in provision of data, preparation and timely submission of financial reports to donor/HQ
- Be responsible for the book keeping (accounting) of the base under the line management of finance coordinator
- Prepare and supervise the monthly closing, review and integrate the accounting before sending to the coordination
- Be responsible for the management of the base treasury and sending of cash forecast to country office on bi monthly bases
- Diploma in Logistics Management, a degree in Project Management would be appreciated
- At least 2-3 years of professional experience in logistics, administrative, finance, and HR
- Ability to work under stressful situation
- Communicative person
- Able to work and live in specific security context
- Languages: English is mandatory (oral and written)
- You are committed to MdM’s values as an organisation and motivated by its non-statutory, NFP model.
- At least one previous experience with an I.NGO is required (with MdM is an asset)
- Experience in dealing with suppliers and following procurement procedures
- Essential working experience in developing countries and conflict/post conflict context
- Strong knowledge of Word, Excel, Powerpoint Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to prioritize and anticipate
- Salary: 2 500 euros gross monthly salary
- Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
- Health insurance (60% covered by MdM)
- Insurance (repatriation…)
- Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility
- Single posting.
- Transportation cost, vaccines and visas covered
- 22.5 RTT (recuperation days) per year
- 5 weeks of paid leaves per year
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: