Nepal: Democracy and Governance Expert
|Closing Date : 2019-12-05
Duty Station : Kathmandu, Nepal
See all 5 jobs in Kathmandu, Nepal
Application : Apply for the job
Organization: CAMRIS International
Closing date: 05 Dec 2019
CAMRIS International is an international development and research firm that realizes innovative solutions to development challenges through high-quality, cost-effective program and research management services. With experience working in more than 80 countries, we combine our proven systems with today s most effective, evidence-based best practices to improve the lives of people around the world.
CAMRIS International implements USAID/Nepal s Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Activity, a five-year project. The Nepal MEL Activity supports the achievement of USAID/Nepal s Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS) development objectives by assisting the Mission in planning, designing, conducting, disseminating and learning from more rigorous monitoring and evaluation of development activities. This includes designing and implementing both quantitative and qualitative evaluations and assessments, as well as providing expert analysis and technical assistance to USAID/Nepal s programs.
The Nepal MEL Activity has three major components:
* Component 1: Support greater rigor and coherence in USAID/Nepal s M&E efforts
* Component 2: Design and conduct analyses, evaluations, surveys, studies, and assessments
* Component 3: Support improved knowledge management within the Mission
In support of USAID Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Activity Nepal, CAMRIS International seeks applications for short term consultancy positions for the upcoming Midterm Performance Evaluation of USAID/Nepal s Niti Sambad Program.
The purpose of this Mid-term Evaluation is to determine whether the activity is on track to accomplish its intended goals and objectives and recommend course corrections if this is not the case and/or if adjustments should be made given Nepal s state restructuring and political transition. The evaluation will also assess the degree to which there is early evidence of sustainability of project results, and whether the approach appears to be advancing the Mission s GESI policy. This evaluation will examine the effectiveness of approaches and relevance of project developmental hypothesis and theory of change.
* Serve as a member of the evaluation team, providing expertise in political and electoral system reform in Nepal
* Participate in planning and briefing meetings, data collection, data analysis, and development of presentations and reports
* Provide quality control and timely delivery of deliverables
* Coordinate closely with the evaluation team
* Master s degree or higher level of education in a relevant area such social or political science, specialization in democracy and governance preferred
* Extensive experience in political and electoral system reform preferably working with USAID or other donor agencies or government of Nepal.
* At least 7 years of experience as a member of an evaluation team preferred
* Experience leading or serving as senior technical expert in political and/or electoral reforms work is required.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills in English is required
How to apply: