CTG Overview CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements.
In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
Overview of position
Under the overall supervision of the Programme Coordinator and direct supervision of the Project Officer, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing overall support and manage the information of all the activities conducted under the Migrants Resource and Response Mechanism (MRRM) within the IOM Libya Emergency Response portfolio.
He/she will be based in Tripoli and will assist with the coordination of the MRRM activities on selected locations in Libya.
- In close coordination with PM ensure the implementation of the MRRM programme in a timely manner, collaborating constructively with the Project Manager in carrying out its administrative and technical aspects, including but not limited to updating financial, narrative records and photographic files in line with IOM’s policies and procedures, as well as donor requirements;
- work with field teams on the administrative and financial requirements related to all the aspects of the MRRM project including preparation of invitation letters and other official letters to government partners, processing payments and money transfer to field teams.
- Establish a monitoring system to keep track of payments transfers to the field offices and the monthly attendance records for the field teams.
- Verify the data collected from the field offices and assist the field teams to coordinate and keep records of the reached migrants and referrals of migrants in need to relevant IOM units and/or partner organizations for the provision of direct assistance, including, but not limited to NFIs distribution, shelter, health, mental health, protection, Voluntary Humanitarian Return, awareness raising etc.;
- In coordination with the project manager, regularly prepare the relevant project reports as required
- Assist Project Manager to verify information received from the field and ensure adequate information management on project related activities including project awareness raising and visibility; regular project updates (including donor reports as required), summaries, press releases and other relevant materials, in coordination with the IOM Libya’s Program Development and Support Unit (PDSU);
- In coordination with the Project Manager, work closely with the Communication Officer responsible for the design and implementation of the info campaigns within the MRRM project to develop contextualized information/outreach materials for dissemination through the social media as well as directly to migrants and local communities;
- Support Project Manager on the regular monitoring and evaluation of project activities. Ensure proper utilization of standard operating procedures, manuals, guidance notes, and in cooperation with PDSU, M&E tools and methodologies in the implementation of project activities. Identify and implement improvements in project delivery and coordination;
- Support the Project Manager with organizational aspects of training/capacity building of the MRRM field teams in accordance with IOM’s procedures and regulations.
- Support the project Manager in the Liaison and strengthening relationships with government, NGO, and other stakeholders by, for example, participating in external meetings, working groups, and the cluster response.
- Contribute in informal translation of project related documents (English and Arabic) and interpretation in and out the office.
- Ensure gender mainstreaming throughout activities, addressing protection, social, environmental and other relevant cross-cutting concerns
- Undertake duty travels, in line with prevailing security restrictions, relating to project assessments, liaison with counterparts, and project implementation, as required.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Staff should prepare a report after each activities (IOM template)
Pictures of the event should be shared by the staff
Key competencies • International experience in developing and implementing communications strategies, action plans and performance monitoring frameworks, preferably in the field of migration;
- Strong understanding of digital technology and emerging communications channels including social media platforms, interactive voice response (IVR) and messaging apps. Good level of computer literacy, including database applications;
- Experience in training or capacity enhancement activities;
- Experience in the field of migration, including operational and field experience, is an advantage.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
- Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
- Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
- Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
- Resource Mobilization – works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM (optional depending on position level)
- Ready to work under pressure in hardship situations.
To be advised.
To apply visit the below link
Max. 3 MB. Recommended formats: PDF, RTF, DOC, ODT.