Job no: 528241
Position type: Consultancy
Department/Office: Khartoum, Sudan
Categories: Nutrition, Consultancy
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, www.unicef.org/sudan
Sudan, surrounded by the Central African Republic, Chad, Egypt, Ethiopia, Eritrea, Libya and South Sudan, positioned next to East, West, South and North Africa, is surrounded by complex conflicts in an unpredictable, volatile and rapidly evolving region. Sudan is by size the third biggest country in Africa, with a diverse population of around 42 million people. Sudan’s children make up half of the total population, and the past two decades have seen their lives significantly improve: fewer girls and boys are dying before their fifth birthday, primary school attendance is increasing, immunization coverage is high and the country remains polio free. UNICEF has been in Sudan since 1952 and continues with a presence in 12 of Sudan’s 18 states.
How can you make a difference?
Purpose of Consultancy
Strengthen information/ data management systems for nutrition to support the SUN secretariat in coordinating the scale up of nutrition specific interventions. This include the development of a dashboard for H&N programmes data, mapping of existing services; and identification of gaps that need to be filled. It will also include the analysis of programmes data to guide the programmes response for specifically nutrition specific interventions and nutrition critical/sensitive interventions. This information will inform plans to scale up interventions as well as strengthen linkages across interventions. The consultant is also required to identify technical issues related to the relevant reporting systems and bring this to the attention of UNICEF, FMOH and partners.
Basic objectives of consultancy/contractor (assignment) services
- Support the development of a dashboard for nutrition program data as well as selected nutrition critical/sensitive interventions (health) including creating and maintaining different sets of data bases as required to inform and guide planning & response processes.
- Identify programs data needs for nutrition program data as well as selected nutrition critical/sensitive interventions (health), assess existing data collection systems and reinforce data collection processes.
- Support supply chain management and supplies tracking system for nutrition specific interventions as well as selected nutrition critical/sensitive interventions (health) through the development and maintenance of a reporting tool for selected supplies at state and below state level
- Objective 1: Support the development of a dashboard for health and nutrition programs data including creating and maintaining different sets of data bases as required to inform and guide planning & response processes.
- Development of a dashboard nutrition program data as well as selected nutrition critical/sensitive interventions (health) capturing all reporting needs and generating statistical reports, graphs, maps as required.
- Develop simple, user-friendly data analysis tools ensuring sex, age and vulnerable groups disaggregation are considered
- Implementing data quality and accuracy assessment activities by conducting field visits in coordination with UNICEF program officers.
- Support in building locality level capacity to use Nutrition critical/sensitive nutrition data for programme performance analysis and improving quality of services
- Support the establishment of reporting linkages between Nutrition specific and critical/sensitive programmes in coordination with all H&N officers
- Support existing reporting system at national & sub-national level for Nutrition specific and selected nutrition sensitive programmes to improve the reporting process
Objective 2: Identify Nutrition specific and selected nutrition critical/sensitive programs data needs, assess existing data collection systems and reinforce data collection processes.
- Develop a mapping matrix for human resources involved in Nutrition critical/specific and selected nutrition interventions at state, locality & village level (health workers, volunteers, Mother Support groups) with details of training courses they receive in a timely and detailed manner.
- Develop an operationalized/functionality matrix of Nutrition specific and selected nutrition critical/sensitive programme service delivery sites including reasons for any suspensions along with monthly updates.
- Objective 3: Support Nutrition specific and selected nutrition critical/sensitive supply chain management and supplies tracking system through the development and maintenance of a reporting tool for selected supplies at state and below state level
- Support monitoring of health and nutrition supply chain management including tracking of supply delivery to states, localities & health facilities
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Minimum of first university degree in information technology and computer science. Additional training in nutrition, social science or any related technical field is an asset.
- A minimum of five years of relevant professional experience in information management (experience in nutrition information system will be an advantage).
- Experience in Geographic Information Systems or other mapping software (advantage)
- Experience on Nutrition programs coordination and reporting.
- Fluency in English and Arabic (oral and written) is mandatory.
- Analytical & communication skills.
- Computer skills, including internet navigation and various office applications.
- Developing country work experience and/or familiarity with emergency is considered an asset.
- For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
View our competency framework at
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
Applications should indicate the lump sum fees expected for this consultancy. Applications without financial proposals will not be considered.
Advertised: Dec 01 2019 E. Africa Standard Time
Application close: Dec 15 2019 E. Africa Standard Time
Back to list Refer a friend
Send me jobs like these
We will email you new jobs that match this search.
Ok, we will send you jobs like this.
Oops! Please check your email for errors!
Subscribe Recaptcha Privacy agreement
Closes Dec 15 2019
National consultant to support information management systems for SUN secretariat, 11 months, Khartoum with travel to field offices in Sudan
Looking for a National Consultant to strengthen information/ data management systems for nutrition to support the SUN secretariat in coordinating the scale up of nutrition specific and sensitive interventions in Sudan.
Powered by PageUp
Full site © 2019 unicef