World Health Organization (WHO) is the directing and coordinating authority for health within the United Nations system. It is responsible for providing leadership on global health matters, shaping the health research agenda, setting norms and standards, articulating evidence-based policy options, providing technical support to countries and monitoring and assessing health trends.
National Consultant to Support Digital Health in Nigeria: Review of Progress, Finalization of National Policy and Update of National Strategy
Ref Id: 1905468
Grade: No grade
Contractual Arrangement: Individual service contractor
Contract duration: 30 days
Primary Location: Nigeria
Organization: AF_NGA Nigeria
- The FMOH in collaboration with stakeholders developed a draft eHealth policy and the need to review the progress made in implementation of the first strategy is dire as the findings will enrichen the National eHealth Policy. The FMOH ICT department facilitated a side meeting in the last (62nd) NCH to create awareness of the digital heath ecosystem status and commence the process of strengthening governance, capacity building and scale up of digital health interventions in the country.
- To achieve the Nigerian eHealth strategic vision to have a “Nationally scaled integrated Health ICT services and applications”; the Department must put in place a short term plan to actualize the review of progress of implementation, finalization of national eHealth policy and update of national eHealth strategy.
- Federal Ministry of Health requires a senior level digital health/eHealth consultant with eHealth/Digital health education, skills, knowledge and competencies with minimum 15 years’ national eHealth development experience to facilitate support the development of an operational plan to actualize the review of progress, finalization of national eHealth policy and update of national eHealth strategy.
- The consultant will provide key skills and expertise to the eHealth Project Management Office at the Department of ICT, Federal Ministry of Health and allow for transfer of skills and knowledge to the full time staff.
- Lead development of the National Digital Health Operational Plan (DHOP) for 2020
- Lead review and update of the draft National Health ICT Policy; zonal sensitization on the draft National Digital Health Policy and collated inputs from 36 + 1 States of the Federation
- Provide support for stakeholder sensitization and national launching of the Digital Health Atlas
- End term evaluation of the first Health ICT Strategic Plan
- Engagement of stakeholders at different levels for targeted advocacies for digital health implementation in line with national priorities
Required Skills, Qualifications, and Experience
- Essential: Post Graduate degree in Public Health, Health Informatics and Information Technology or related fields
- 15 years’ national eHealth development experience
- 10 years’ experience working in the health sector in a government or non-governmental international organization with evidence of support in developing Health-biased Policies and Strategic Plan.
Functional Skills and Knowledge Required:
- Knowledge of the health system situation and stakeholders in Nigeria
- Demonstrated ability to provide sound methodological and technical advice and guidance to multiple stakeholders and partners
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with the National Counterparts-Federal and State Ministry of Health ICT department
- Demonstrated ability to innovate, integrate, synergize and communicate complex ideas in English, verbally and in writing
- Ability to monitor and communicate progress in terms of process and results.
- Job City Nigeria