Following return of UN Agencies to UN House, critical infrastructure such as the Gymnasium & provision of a Basketball (half-court) within UN House which are required to promote a healthy lifestyle and work-life balance are being reinstated as recommended by UN Clinic Management Committee and ratified by UNCT.
Given that rehabilitation of the Gymnasium has been completed and the procurement process for the supply & installation of new Gym Equipment has progressed to advance stages, it has become imperative to engage a Gym Instructor on IC basis so as to ensure that the UN House Gym becomes fully operational within the shortest time possible.
Applications should be submitted no later than 24th Of December, 2019.
Any request for clarification must be sent in writing, or by standard electronic communication to [email protected] UNDP will respond in writing or by standard electronic mail and will send written copies of the response, including an explanation of the query without identifying the source of inquiry, to all consultants.
Duties and Responsibilities
The duties of the Gym Instructor will include but not limited to the following:
- Monitor exercising customers and provide fitness assessment and feedback.
- Provide personal training and prescribe workout programs for customers.
- Develop workout programs and health promotion programs according to safe industry practices.
- Assist customers in safe exercising and proper body alignment.
- Address customer complaints and questions promptly and professionally.
- Provide excellent customer services.
- Promptly report any safety hazards and unsafe practices in and around the Gymnasium.
- Maintain Gymnasium & physical fitness centre in a clean, safe and organized condition at all times.
- Ensure that fitness equipment and tools are maintained in safe and good working conditions.
- Instruct correct fitness methods and lifting techniques to minimize the chances of injury.
- Conduct fitness classes to meet the physical abilities and interest of customers.
- Adhere to operating procedures and regulations of fitness facility.
- Report to management in need of fitness equipment maintenance and repair works.
- Motivate customers to continue exercises and help make healthy choices.
Mondays – Fridays: 6:30am – 8:30am and 4:00pm – 6:30pm
Saturdays: 7:00am – 2:00pm
Sundays: 4:00pm – 7:00pm
Matrix supervision: UN House Manager – Administrative
UN Clinic Physician-Technical
Modelling the UN values and ethical standards
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UNDP
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Treats all people fairly without favoritism
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
Required Skills and Experience
- University degree in Physical Education Training or Physiotherapy or other related professions
- Certification or country-specific license authorizing the incumbent to deliver Physiotherapy or Physical Fitness Training and/or services;
- Minimum of five years relevant professional experience in Physical Education Training or Physiotherapy or other related professions;
- Familiarity with the United Nations is desirable; previous working experience with the UN System in Nigeria is a strong asset
- Proficiency in the English language, both verbal and written.
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence. UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
Refer a Friend Apply Now