Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected.
Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 85 years, and are now active in more than 80 countries.
The MERL Coordinator will be responsible to implement a functional M&E system at the project level in response to emergencies. She/he will work closely with the project and the other program teams with technical oversight and direction from the Senior MERL Coordinator on all monitoring and evaluation needs across implementing areas. The MERL Coordinator will support the provision of program staff at Plan and partner organizations with the information and training to capture monitoring metrics regularly and efficiently.
Education, Qualification and Knowledge/experience essential:
- Bachelor’s Degree/MA Degree in Monitoring and Evaluation, Project Management, development studies, Management, MPH, Economics and other social sciences.
- at least 5+ years of relevant experience out of which 3 year 3 years on a senior level in managing corporate system for Planning, monitoring, evaluation, research and Learning activities.
- Training on M & E, Data Quality and Database Management systems
- Demonstrated experience of advanced use of Kobo tools, including development of surveys (essential)
- Demonstrated experience using PowerPoint (preferred)
- Awareness of integrated WASH, Food and Nutrition intervention approach plus environmental health issues with special attention to the needs of women and children
- Experience of leading M & E for integrated WASH, Food & Nutrition projects implementation and working in partnership
- Experience in capacity building of partners and staff.
- Experience in conducting baseline, mid-term and end line evaluations for WASH related projects
- Experience of linking WASH interventions with health and nutrition projects.
- Demonstrated experiences of KAP assessments design and analysis.
- General finance, administration, information management and proficiency in information technology/computer skill.
- Strong proposal writing, planning and programme designing and also coordinating skills
- Ability to deliver quality programs in a short term and work under stressful conditions.
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative research methods in a field setting
- Proven ability to work in a team environment and independently.
- Excellent written, verbal communication skills in English and Amharic.
Qualifications/ experience desirable:
- Experience in project management, monitoring and evaluation
Safeguarding Children and Young People (Safeguarding) and Gender Equality and Inclusion (GEI)
- Understands and puts into practice the responsibilities under Safeguarding and GEI policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), ensuring that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures.
- Ensures that all staff signed safeguarding policies
- Implement Plan International’s global policies for Safeguarding Children and Young People and Gender Equality and Inclusion are fully embedded in day to day work.
Type of Role: Definite Contract
Reports to: SUN WASH Project Manager
Closing Date: October 08,2023
Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the very heart of everything that Plan International stands for.
We want Plan International to reflect the diversity of the communities we work with, offering equal opportunities to everyone regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
Plan International is based on a culture of inclusivity and we strive to create a workplace environment that ensures every team, in every office, in every country, is rich in diverse people, thoughts, and ideas.
We foster an organisational culture that embraces our commitment to racial justice, gender equality, girls’ rights and inclusion.
Plan International believes that in a world where children face so many threats of harm, it is our duty to ensure that we, as an organisation, do everything we can to keep children safe. This means that we have particular responsibilities to children that we come into contact with and we must not contribute in any way to harming or placing children at risk.
A range of pre-employment checks will be undertaken in conformity with Plan International’s Safeguarding Children and Young People policy. Plan International also participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. In line with this scheme we will request information from applicants previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms their understanding of these recruitment procedures.
Please note that Plan International will never send unsolicited emails requesting payment from candidates.
- Job City Gambella