WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and Professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance. Female and qualified applicants encouraged to apply
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
At this level, job holders demonstrate responsibility and initiative to respond independently to queries with only general guidance for all assistance modalities for both WFP and logistics common services. There is a requirement to use judgment in dealing with unforeseen problems on a daily basis. Job holders typically manage a small team, supervising and coaching staff.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The applicant should either be a Yemeni national or have a valid Yemeni Residence/work permit at the time of application.
- Only candidates who are short-listed will be contacted
- Applications must be submitted online (English language only)
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
12 January 2019
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable.
Language: Fluent (level C) English and Arabic in both oral and written communication
Experience: At least 5 (five) years of experience in logistic (CBT) processes market analyses nad banking systems
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
• Experience maintaining corporate systems and running queries on ongoing shipments, pipeline information, insurance claims, and food stock.
• Experience in administering third party service providers’ contracts.
• Experience in compiling contract documentation.
• Experience in contract execution.
• Experience in budget monitoring and reporting.
To provide specialized support functions and/or supervise staff performing standard logistics/supply chain processes and activities to enable effective delivery of goods and services for all delivery modalities.
- Attend supply chain technical meetings with service providers/retailers in the area of assignment
- Ensure daily coordination and efficient internal communication with other concerned units/departments.
- Arrange and attend monthly coordination meetings with Programme, CP’s and suppliers before the start of the distribution cycle
- Ensure efficient external communication with the service providers and the third-party contractors;
- Follow up with Sanaa team to ensure timely receipt of the monthly distribution plan.
- Set up a system for daily monitoring of the quality, quantity and packaging of commodities at Point of Sales.
- Assist in the service providers’ performance evaluation process;
- Follow up with contractor /services provider the commodities repositioning status after sharing the distribution plan on monthly basis.
- Conduct regular visits to the outlets before and during the distribution cycle
- Assist in macro market assessments when and if required
- Coordinate with the contracted quality inspection and monitoring company
- Provide regular CBT updates, data and reports to the supply chain associate based in Sanaa.
- Perform other duties, as required by the supervisor.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Coaches team in the most effective ways to communicate WFP’s Strategic Objectives to WFP team and partners in the field.
- Be a force for positive change: Implements new methods or tools to improve team’s work processes and productivity.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Maps team’s activities and tasks to specific successes in beneficiary communities to showcase positive impact.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Explains to teammates how each unit contributes to the overall WFP mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Identifies skill development opportunities such as training modules or on-the-job experiences for self, colleagues and direct reports.
- Create an inclusive culture: Facilitates team building activities to build rapport in own unit.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Facilitates the pairing of junior colleagues with coaches within own team.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Proactively anticipates potential challenges and develops mitigation plans to ensure that team meets goals and targets.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Identifies opportunities to be creative in own work and to help team be more innovative and accurate in their respective tasks and areas of work.
- Focus on getting results: Monitors team’s deliverables and provides feedback to ensure outcomes are delivered consistently and accurately.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Provides accurate guidance to team on expected responsibilities and tasks, whilst also upholding own commitment to the team.
- Be Decisive: Sets an example and provides guidance to junior team members on when to escalate issues when faced with challenging issues in the workplace or in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Facilitates partnerships with other WFP units to accomplish missions in the field.
- Build strong external partnerships: Sets an example and provides guidance to team on how to build relationships with external partners.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Articulates to colleagues or direct reports the value of contributing to other WFP teams and agency partnerships in fulfilling WFP’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Organizes, monitors, and prioritizes own and team’s efforts to ensure that they will fulfill the needs of internal and external partners.
|Capability Name||Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level|
|Supply Chain Management and Optimization||Demonstrates ability to design basic supply chain networks, including appropriately assessing and escalating challenges to ensure that WFP is able to provide consistent and uninterrupted service to its beneficiaries and partners.|
|Planning, Project & Resource Mgmt||Collects and analyses relevant technical data from diverse sources to forecast operational needs under various scenarios and makes evidence-based proposals.|
|Information Management & Reporting||Liaises with internal and external stakeholders to consolidate preliminary data analysis, draft reports and disseminate information that represents concerns and trends.|
|Market Analysis, Contracting and Operational Execution||Demonstrates ability to collect market information and process and analyse proposals in line with WFP standard rules and regulations in order to deliver efficiently.|
|Warehouse and Inventory Management||Demonstrates ability to implement operational warehouse procedures and normative guidance in order to manage WFP’s warehouse, handle inventory effectively through corporate systems, and ensure loss mitigation.|
|Technical Assistance and Coordination||Demonstrates abilities to provide basic technical advice and maintain effective (inclusive, collaborative, unified) logistics coordination mechanisms with humanitarian partners and other relevant stakeholders.|