Follow this company
PYXERA Global (www.PYXERAGlobal.org), an NGO with offices around the world, will be managing a Global Pro Bono program in Accra, Ghana scheduled to take place from April 18 – May 16, 2020. PYXERA Global would like to hire a part-time local project coordinator currently residing in Accra to provide project management and logistical support to the selected team of corporate volunteers who will provide pro bono consulting services to local, social sector organizations.
The selected local project coordinator’s main responsibilities will include, but may not be limited to, the following.
Project Development & Implementation
- Identify and select potential clients and help to develop Scope of Works (SOWs) reflecting the specific areas of intervention requested by local host clients (mostly nonprofits and social enterprises)
- Support local host clients in preparing for arrival of corporate volunteers and ensuring stakeholder meetings are arranged
- Participate in conference calls with corporate volunteers in advance of their arrival in Accra.
- Support corporate volunteers, providing advice and guidance around SOW delivery
- Act as the on-the-ground interface between PYXERA Global and partners in Accra, including regular correspondence with PYXERA Global staff and other stakeholders to assure satisfaction on the part of the corporate volunteers and partners
- Participate in meetings with corporate volunteers, as requested
- Prepare financial and final program reports
- Assist in procuring accommodations and transportation in Accra for corporate volunteers
- Coordinate the kick-off and closing event(s) for corporate volunteers and host clients
- Prepare Accra-related guides and suggestions for project guides
- Orient new corporate volunteers upon arrival in Accra
- Manage project travel logistics for corporate volunteers while they are in Accra
- Act as a logistical and informational resource for corporate volunteers and troubleshoot challenges they may face
- Monitor and advise on security arrangements for corporate volunteers when they are in Accra
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Must be based in Accra with in-depth area familiarity
- College degree in communications, project management, organizational development, NGO management, or related field.
- Knowledge of organizations focused on financial inclusion and inclusive growth is a plus
- Minimum of 5-10 years of experience
- Experience working with cross-cultural teams and/or skills-based volunteer programs
- Ability to multi-task and manage diverse tasks simultaneously
- Flexible and able to work in a team, as well as individually with limited supervision
- Exceptional writing skills and ability to develop SOWs with limited supervision
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Fluent in English and Akan
- Exceptional customer service, communication, and problem-solving skills
- Experience in virtual and in-person presentation skills
This is a part-time consultant position with an estimate timeline of 4-5 months. Pay is based on past experience and the type of work required for this position.
Send a cover letter, resume, three references, and salary requirements via e-mail to consultingopportunities@PYXERAGlobal.org. Please write “Accra, Local Project Coordinator” in the subject line of the e-mail. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
PYXERA Global is a nonprofit based in Washington, DC that creates groundbreaking partnerships between the public, private, and social sectors that leverage the unique attributes of each to create shared value and innovative solutions to complex challenges. Our initiatives include a wide range of services from local content development, to global pro bono programs, and integrated community development efforts that transform lives and livelihoods. Our clients in the private sector include 3M, IBM, JPMorgan Chase, SAP, and others. For examples of our Global Pro Bono work, feel free to visit our website
- Apply now