Washington, United States
This is an internal opportunity. Only IDB staff and DTCs are eligible to apply for internal opportunities.
Knowledge and Learning Division Chief – 1900000929
Knowledge and Learning Division Chief
Background: Our Knowledge, Innovation and Communication (KIC) Sector is currently looking for a strategic, operational, people leader and highly motivated individual to head the Knowledge and Learning Division, reporting directly to the Knowledge, Innovation and Communication Sector Manager. KIC helps the IDB Group to identify, build, apply, and disseminate high-quality knowledge as well as to develop and use learning products that enable the building of technical and general competencies; promote an internal culture of innovation by providing experience, networks, and methodologies and expediting the adoption of creative solutions; and expand the audience that uses the Bank’s products and position the brand through internal and external communication. The Division Services include: Our Division provides the IDB Group guidance and tools to collect, generate, manage and use knowledge, enabling our commitment to open knowledge while developing new learning products. Our main activities include:
- Participating in the implementation, monitoring and continuous improvement of the Bank’s knowledge management and learning products and services;
- Supporting access to tools that promote knowledge flows within the IDB Group and to the Region;
- Promoting the openness of our knowledge products, including publications, courses and learning materials, data, digital tools and code;
- Supporting the collection of lessons learned from operational work in a systematic way and promoting their use;
- Supporting the design and development of knowledge management solutions for specific business units, in response to requests channeled through the Client Relations Unit;
- Developing tools and methods for improved knowledge sharing within the IDB Group and with the Region;
- Collaborating with other KIC units to develop and refine methodologies for the prioritization and planning of knowledge, innovation and communications investments;
- Identifying synergies internally and with relevant partners aimed at connecting demand to the existing supply of knowledge;
- Facilitating access to learning opportunities through the crafting, delivery, and evaluation of learning programs and activities;
- Assisting the Bank in identifying constraints and disincentives that obstruct effective knowledge flows within the institution. Prepares proposals for Management, promoting actions that aim to optimize these flows;
- Monitoring and evaluating the effectiveness of the Bank’s knowledge and learning services and products. Develops methods, approaches, and indicators needed for this purpose;
- Within this Division, the Inter-American Institute for Economic and Social Development (INDES) is responsible for training of Bank personnel and external partners.
What you’ll do:
- Lead, inspire and assess the Division’s employees and provide goals and expectations, feedback and technical mentorship to optimize performance, comprised of highly skilled interdisciplinary and multicultural staff, located in Washington D.C.
- Work in close collaboration with the other KIC Divisions and Units, to support the development and implementation of the annual KIC plans of the IDBG’s organizational units with efficacy and efficiency.
- Advise Management on strategies, initiatives, policies and guidelines related to knowledge and learning.
- Oversee the development and application of methodologies, tools and approaches to facilitate the creation, capture and dissemination and use of knowledge produced by the Bank, being in charge of the delivery of high-quality products and/or services on schedule and budget.
- Act as a technical point of contact for the Unit amid its internal and external clients.
- Guide the collaboration with the IDB Group’s organizational units to explore potential areas of knowledge creation for clients.
- Identify potential learning and knowledge synergies within and outside the Bank to facilitate collaboration regarding the production and dissemination of knowledge and learning products.
- Monitor the progress of key indicators and milestones in the IDB Group’s knowledge and learning agendas.
- Work with the Unit Chief of INDES to set priorities and guidelines for the design, delivery, and monitoring of methods, tools, and online and face-to-face learning activities for IDB Group employees and strategic partners.
- Ensure that workplace practices and behaviors follow our policies related to ethics and respect in the workplace.
- Align Division plans with the broader goals and strategies of the Bank as well as the planning of the resources to deliver results against business plans.
What you’ll need: Education: You Hold a Master’s degree or equivalent ‘Licenciatura’/advanced degree in Knowledge Management, Information Management, Social Sciences, Business Administration, Economics, Finance or similar discipline. Candidates with a Ph.D. are preferred. Experience:
- At least 10 years of relevant experience related to the key responsibilities of the position.
- Experience in LAC countries is strongly preferred.
- Strong technical background and validated management track record.
- You should be recognized as an authority among peers in your specific discipline. Peer-reviewed publications (journals or books) in the area of knowledge management and learning are a plus.
- Experience handling multi-disciplinary and/or cross-sector teams, with demonstrated well-honed integration skills.
- Strong social and communication skills with the ability to consult, partner and work effectively with senior leaders and business partners across countries, sectors and group members. Will work to drive alignment against key organizational priorities.
- Prior experience working with international organizations is an advantage.
Other relevant skills and knowledge
- Shown project management skills, including but not limited to leadership, communication, planning and people skills, risk and cost management, negotiation, critical thinking and quality management.
- Ability to influence through the development of actionable insights and recommendations.
- Understanding of our mission, organizational strategy and business model.
- Ability to interpret and apply policies and frameworks in a manner that is suitable to the involved parties and in the best interest of the IDB is a plus.
- Delivering results by effectively leading people and the efficient allocation and execution of resources.
- Setting performance standards and provides feedback, guidance, and coaching to drive growth and continuous improvement.
- Promoting diversity and inclusion, modeling inclusive behaviors and bringing to bear diversity to achieve business results.
Language requirement: Excellent English and Spanish language proficiency, oral and written, is required. French and/or Portuguese would be a plus.
Link to Technical Competencies (← please Ctrl + Click) Link to Core Competencies (← please Ctrl + Click)
Opportunity Summary: Type of contract: Fixed term Length of contract: 3 years, with possibility for renewal as per mutual agreement Starting date: Upon agreement with the candidate Location: Washington, D.C. Requirements: You are a citizen of one of the 48 IDB Member Countries and have no family member working at the IDB Group.
Our culture: Working with us you will be surrounded by a diverse group of people who have years of experience in all types of development fields, including transportation, health, gender and diversity, communications and much more.
About us: At the IDB, we’re devoted to improving lives. Since 1959, we’ve been a leading source of long-term financing for economic, social, and institutional development in Latin America and the Caribbean. We do more than lending though. We partner with our 48-member countries to provide Latin America and the Caribbean with cutting-edge research about relevant development issues, policy advice to inform their decisions, and technical assistance to improve on the planning and execution of projects. For this, we need people who not only have the right skills, but also are passionate about improving lives.
The IDB offers competitive benefits and compensation package, including relocation expenses (if applicable). The IDB is committed to diversity and inclusion and to providing equal opportunities in employment. We embrace diversity based on gender, age, education, national origin, ethnic origin, race, disability, sexual orientation, and religion. We encourage women, Afro-descendants and persons of indigenous origins to apply.
Job: Division Chief
Primary Location: HQ-US-Washington DC
Job Posting: Nov 20, 2019, 5:00:00 AM
Closing Date: Dec 11, 2019, 4:59:00 AM
Contact Name – Internal: HR Shared Services
Contact Email – Internal: [email protected]