Domain : General Administrative Support
Post Number : CI 055
Grade : G-3
: SECTOR OF COMMUNICATION AND INFORMATION
Recruitment open to : Internal and external candidates
Type of contract : Fixed Term
Salary : 31 686 Euros (Annual salary)
Deadline (Midnight Paris Time) : January 18, 2019
OVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
The incumbent works under the overall authority of the Director of the CI Knowledge Societies Division (CI/KSD) who also acts as an immediate supervisor in his capacity as acting Chief of the Section for ICT in Education, Science and Culture (CI/KSD/ICT). The incumbent provides general office support services to the Professionals in the Section to facilitate the smooth functioning of the Section. The incumbent contributes to the effective and timely accomplishment of administrative/office transactions and activities utilizing knowledge of office systems and procedures.
In this respect, the incumbent will:
- Prepare routine correspondence, reports, tables, charts and graphs; review, record, route and process mail or other documents; retrieve, gather and structure pertinent background material from various sources; track and monitor follow-up actions; maintain and update filing systems (electronic and paper), databases and large distribution lists; assist in organizing meetings and events by arranging meeting facilities; make travel arrangements: preparation of travel authorizations/flights/hotel reservations.
- Proofread written documents for completeness, grammatical and typographical accuracy; maintain calendar/schedules; perform basic data entry; check accuracy of simple calculations.
- Receive/screen phone calls and visitors and respond to routine inquiries and information requests; operate and maintain a variety of office equipment in the performance of basic office functions; photocopy a variety of documents and other materials; deliver urgent mail/messages.
- Initiate transactions in automated systems and run simple reports; create requisitions for purchase orders, contracts or letters of agreement from standard templates.
- Completed secondary, technical/vocational education.
- At least two (2) years of relevant work experience in secretarial and/or administrative tasks in an international environment.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, including ability to draft correspondence and correct documents.
- Good organizational, coordination and filling skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team, to take initiative and to provide quality and timely support and services.
- Discretion, loyalty and diplomacy.
- Capacity to deal efficiently and tactfully with internal partners and other stakeholders at all level.
- Ability to work in an international and multicultural environment.
- Flexibility to adjust work schedules and priorities; capacity to work under pressure.
- Excellent computer skills: proficiency in the use of MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Excellent knowledge of French and good knowledge of English.
- General secretarial and/or administrative training or specialized training/certification in business administration.
- Familiarity with UN system or the administrative operation of UN agencies or other international organizations.
- Knowledge of UNESCO rules, administrative procedures and standard practices.
- Knowledge of UNESCO business applications (Contract Management, Travel, Agora, NICE, etc.) and programming tools (SAP/FABs).
- Knowledge of another official language of UNESCO (Arabic, Chinese, Spanish and/or Russian).
BENEFITS AND ENTITLEMENTS