Internal/External Vacancy Announcement #187/2019
As a provider of international cooperation services for sustainable development and international education work, GIZ – Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit – is dedicated to building a future worth living around the world.
Around the world, we have over 50 years of experience in a wide variety of areas, including rural and economic development, education and employment, energy and the environment, and peace and security. Together with our partners, we work to deliver flexible, effective and cost-effective solutions that offer people better prospects and sustainably improve their living conditions.
As a public-benefit German federal enterprise, we are committed to meeting our clients’ high standards of transparency and accountability. The German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) is our main commissioning party. European Union institutions, the United Nations, the private sector and national governments also benefit from our services.
In Ethiopia, GIZ has been implementing development programmes on behalf of the German government for over 40 years together with our national partners. The focus of our work in the country is on vocational education, sustainable use of natural resources, land management and food security, biodiversity and forestry. Other programmes e.g. enhance development of a sustainable textile sector and renewable energies in Ethiopia.
GIZ AU Office Ethiopia would like to recruit fulltime Junior Accountant as per the detail below:
Position: Junior Accountant
Place of Work: Addis Ababa
Application deadline: Dec 08, 2019
Required Candidate: One
- dealing with all questions arising in this area
- identifying relevant problems and issues and assisting in formulating implementation-oriented solutions
- further developing instruments and assisting in introducing innovation and change
- managing knowledge by disseminating and documenting know-how, experience and information
The accounting junior professional performs the following tasks:
Managing bank payments
- effecting all authorized payments such as; petty cash, cheque & transfer of various projects
- reconciling the bank statement with book balance
- managing end of period closing
Managing the daily cash fund
The junior accounting professional
- is responsible for cash based on the vouchers collected daily
- reconciles the cash book and cash account daily
- reports any surplus or shortfall in cash
- reports without delay if the cash holding reaches a minimum level
- support with compiling and submitting complete financial documents to GIZ Office under the guidance and supervision of the finance and administration officers;
- is involved in drawing up the annual internal controlling schedule and reports and assists on follow-up of auditor’s findings;
- preparing monthly withholding tax payment and paid to ERCA every month
- preparing VAT reimbursement monthly and send to Country Office and follow up the refund.
- compile and quality control for Tax declaration report and send to Country Office
- managing (controlling, distributing and ensuring timely replacement) of the office stationery for the coordination office
- is responsible for documentation and filing financial and administrative documents
Other duties/additional tasks
- performs other duties and tasks at the request of management
Other knowledge, additional competences
- good working knowledge of ICT technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
- very good knowledge of the English language
- willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management
Required qualifications, competences and experience
- A Degree in Accounting and Finance from recognized university/college
- Up to 1 year and above professional experience in a comparable position
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates shall submit their motivation letter along with their non-returnable recent CV via Email: [email protected]
Please make sure you mention the vacancy number and position title ‘Junior Accountant #187’ in the subject line of your email application. Due to large number of applications we categorise applications with the vacancy numbers. Applications without vacancy numbers in subject lines might not be categorized in the appropriate folder and could be disqualified.
Applications without vacancy numbers in subject lines might not be categorized in the appropriate folder and could be disqualified.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
We encourage persons with disabilities to apply for the position. In case of equal qualification, persons with disabilities will be given preference.
Applications from qualified women are encouraged.
- Job City Addis Ababa