JOB TITLE: IT MANAGER
REPORTING TO: CEO
BASED AT: MOROCCO WITH REMOTE WORKING IN WEST AFRICA
ABOUT FARSIGHT GROUP:
Farsight Africa Group is an advisory and implementation company that provides services in Public Sector Advisory, Technology and Innovation, M&E Research and Learning, Human Resources and Strategic Communications. Our clients include governments, regional administrations, development organizations and private companies.
Our mission is to promote Development and Prosperity through concise, consistent and innovative services and products.
We strive to become the go-to advisory services company contributing to a better tomorrow for our clients and communities.
Farsight Africa is a diverse and dynamic organization, developing relationships through its reliability, innovation and accountability. We seek long term partnerships, with clients returning to us as they benefit from the tailored solutions of the Farsight Africa team.
Our benefit come from our clients’ success, our approach is therefore client centric. Recognising this balance of mutual achievement, our operations teams create the framework from which we can best response to our clients’ needs. Our professional, experienced workforce connecting across Farsight departments as a unified team, apply the programmes specifically tailored for each client.
We are looking for an IT Manager to be responsible and accountable for the smooth running of our computer systems within the limits of requirements, specifications, costs and timelines. You will supervise the implementation and maintenance of our company’s computing needs.
The successful candidate will have improved skills, a proven professional experience and a detailed knowledge of industry’s best practice processes.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage information technology and computer systems
- Running regular checks on network and data security
- Plan, organize, control and evaluate IT and electronic data operations
- Design, develop, implement and coordinate systems, policies and procedures
- Ensure security of data, network access and backup systems
- Act in alignment with user needs and system functionality to contribute to organizational policy
- Providing direction for IT team members
- Overseeing and determining timeframes for major IT projects including system updates, upgrades, migrations and outages
- Identify problematic areas and implement strategic solutions in time
- Audit systems and assess their outcomes
- Handle annual budget and ensure cost effectiveness
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Information Technology and technical management field.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Information Systems/ Management Information Systems or a related field of study.
- Cisco, Microsoft, HPE certification required
- French speaking is required.
- Location: Morocco, with remote working with Farsight team in West Africa
- Proven working experience as an IT Manager or relevant experience
- Excellent knowledge of technical management, information analysis and of computer hardware/software systems
- Strong sense of personal accountability regarding decision making and supervising teams.
- Ability to predict challenges and proactively head-off obstacles.
- Expertise in data center management and data governance
- Hands-on experience with computer networks, network administration and network installation
Kindly send your application letter and CV (In English only) to [email protected] before 20th August 2022. Applications shall be reviewed on a rolling basis until the right candidate has been selected.