AIIB HQ Beijing
Investment Officer/Senior Investment Officer – Urban
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) is a multilateral development bank with a mission to improve social and economic outcomes in Asia. Headquartered in Beijing, we began operations in January 2016 and have now grown to 100 approved members worldwide. By investing in sustainable infrastructure and other productive sectors in Asia and beyond, we will better connect people, services and markets that over time will impact the lives of billions and build a better future.
The Investment Officer / Senior Investment Operations Officer—Urban will be responsible for contributing to AIIB’s lending program by supporting identification, preparation, implementation and supervision of urban investment projects. The specialist will be responsible for understanding and responding to urban challenges and opportunities in Asia, including urbanization (demographic shifts and social changes, economic, structural and spatial transformation), climate change, disaster risk management, sustainable development, urban local governance, technology and innovation among others. The specialist will also be required to engage with other departments for issues relating to the sector.
- Lead and manage project teams consisting of various specialists to prepare and deliver high-quality investment projects in an efficient and timely manner.
- Ensure that AIIB policy requirements are followed and that all key technical/economic/financial/fiduciary/social/environmental issues and cross-sectoral issues (if any) are considered and properly addressed.
- Carry out due diligence and institutional assessments on executing agencies, including implementation capacity assessments of project counterparts.
- Support capacity development in relevant implementing entities to plan, design, construct and operate infrastructure, provide services and address potential social and economic challenges.
- Lead or participate in dialogue and collaboration with clients and development partners on strategic areas/topics such as climate change, disaster risk management, sustainable development and climate resilient infrastructure, etc.
- Cooperate with cofinanciers on cofinancing projects and lead AIIB teams to conduct necessary due diligence for those projects.
- Manage the business development in specific member countries and regions assigned to obtain a healthy pipeline of urban projects.
- Provide quality technical contributions required for urban planning and other urban development-related areas in line with AIIB business needs.
- A minimum of 5-8 years (for Officer; 8-10 years for Senior Officer) of relevant work experience in the urban sector, preferably in Asia.
- Strong international project experience in the urban sector (particularly in capacity-constrained countries) would be an advantage. Experience with multilateral development banks would be desirable.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in engineering/science, urban design and planning, environment engineering, disaster risk management, business management or other related fields.
- Experience working on or leading teams and/or demonstrated potential qualities for leadership.
- Strong organizational and project management skills to perform day-to-day management of a large and complex project portfolio.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, in particular the ability to effectively dialogue and relate with clients and stakeholders.
Previous experience and qualifications will determine the staff level at which an applicant will enter AIIB.