UNICEF China Beijing
Internship – South-South Cooperation and Partnerships, UNICEF China
Job no: 528517
Position type: Internship
Location: China Division/Equivalent: Bangkok (EAPRO), Thailand
Department/Office: Beijing, China
Categories: Alliances and Resource Mobilization, Communication / External Relations, Private Fundraising and Partnerships, UN and Multilateral Affairs, Internship
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, partnership
With China’s growing role in global development, the South-South cooperation component of the UNICEF China has significantly increased. The intern will work as part of the South-South Cooperation and Partnerships (SSCP). He or she will be exposed to various development issues for children, particularly related to China’s South-South cooperation, public partnerships and use his or her knowledge and skills to perform a range of tasks, both analytical and administrative.
The intern should have direct relevant academic and/or professional experience (including but not limited to professional training on Chinese-English translation/interpretation, international relations, development, diplomacy, economics etc.), be innovative, self-motivated, and results-oriented. The internship duration and hours may be flexible in order to fit the team’s work plan as well as the schedule of the most outstanding candidate.
How can you make a difference?
- Provide research support to the team on international development cooperation-related issues, especially China’s South-South cooperation and Belt and Road Initiative; and background research for public partnership mapping; (25%)
- Facilitate knowledge-sharing on South-South cooperation, including translation of documents between English and Chinese; (30%)
- Assist with the organization of meetings, workshops and seminars and note taking when requested; actively participate in various events and meetings; (25%)
- Assist with administrative tasks related to the management of South-South cooperation projects, maintenance of UNICEF global intern management framework, under the guidance of the Partnerships Specialist; (15%) and
- Other duties as assigned, including administrative tasks when required. (5%)
Expected results by the end of internship
- Increased his or her understanding of South-South cooperation, children’s development, and other international development-related policy issues;
- Successfully helped the SSCP team to reach its goals/workplan by contributing to the tasks described in the ‘Main Responsibilities’ section; and
- Produced or contributed to the organization of the dialogues, seminars, workshops for South-South Cooperation.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will haveÂ…
- University students: undergraduate or university graduate with major in international relations/development, diplomacy, economics.
- Good English-Chinese translation skills.
- Previous volunteer/intern experience desired but not necessary.
- Good computer skills are required (the ability to use photoshop would be an value add).
For every Child, you demonstrateÂ…
UNICEF’s values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
This is an internship, so no financial remuneration will be provided by UNICEF. The intern must provide for housing, travel and other associated living expenses.
Advertised: Dec 13 2019 China Standard Time Application close: Dec 29 2019 China Standard Time