We are recruiting to fill the position below: p
Jobs at the International Rescue Committee
” data-medium-file=”https://i2.wp.com/www.jobsfornaija.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/The-International-Rescue-committee-IRC.jpg?fit=225%2C300&ssl=1″ data-large-file=”https://i2.wp.com/www.jobsfornaija.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/The-International-Rescue-committee-IRC.jpg?fit=300%2C400&ssl=1″ class=”size-medium wp-image-66615″ src=”https://i2.wp.com/www.jobsfornaija.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/The-International-Rescue-committee-IRC-225×300.jpg?resize=225%2C300″ alt=”” width=”225″ height=”300″ srcset=”https://i2.wp.com/www.jobsfornaija.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/The-International-Rescue-committee-IRC.jpg?resize=225%2C300&ssl=1 225w, https://i2.wp.com/www.jobsfornaija.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/The-International-Rescue-committee-IRC.jpg?w=300&ssl=1 300w” sizes=”(max-width: 225px) 100vw, 225px” data-recalc-dims=”1″ />www.jobsfornaija.com
Job Title: Child Protection Information Management Officer
- The post-holder will support the role out of the IA CP IMS for individual case management through efficient and accurate data entry at national level and through support, training and capacity-building of CPIMS assistants and other Case management actors/users in all field locations.
- The post holder will be supporting the CP Manager the focal point for managing the flow, organisation and analysis of individual cases and will produce monthly, disaggregated statistics and qualitative updates of progress on separation work.
Key Areas of Accountability
- Manage the CPIMS, use the database to ensure the information flow for verification, referrals, case transfers and reunification
- Monitor adherence to procedure on individual cases and ensure that roles and responsibilities are upheld
- Support CP Manager to create synergies between the CPIMS and the case management task force so as to discuss the trends and analysis.
- Collect, review and screen all data or reports from the field CPIMS assistants before sharing it with national level partners.
- Produce weekly and monthly, disaggregated statistics and qualitative updates of progress on case management work internally. Periodically run the trends and analysis from the CP IMS.
- Ensure data is synchronised from state level offices to the main database
- Ensure regular back-end from data clerks is imported to the CP IMS.
- Track individual cases that have outstanding/overdue actions and work closely with the CP teams to ensure progress on these cases
- Ensure that good practice is followed in managing and storage of information with respect for Do No Harm principles and confidentiality and adherence to the information sharing protocol
- Train and mentor the CPIMS assistants to be able to undertake similar responsibilities, how to make the entries, and filling of the case management paper forms.
- Support the field teams on the use of the database, registration equipment, data backups and data screening
- Support the day to day entries, exports and back up from the CPIMS assistants
- Provide technical support to the Case management/ CPIMS taskforce members on the implementation of the CPIMS in their respective areas of operation.
- Support with trouble shooting on challenges that the CPIMS assistants will be facing on the implementation of the CPIMS.
Skills & Behaviour:
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling values
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
- Future orientated, thinks strategically
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, and external partners
- A minimum of a diploma from a recognized institution in IT or other relevant field
- Minimum 3 years working experience in IT/ data management field with an international NGO or other globally recognized institution.
- Excellent communication skills with fluency in written and spoken English Excellent team player
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to plan well, set own targets and meet them
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Be both self-reliant and have the ability to lead and co-operate with others.
- Minimum of one year experience of working with CPIMS
- Previous experience in data management, previous experience of data management/information management systems in child protection programming preferred.
- Previous experience in training and capacity building of staff and ministry
- Excellent IT skills including the use of Excel (fundamental) and database software
Monthly salary, 13Month Salary Inclusive, Health Insurance Coverage for Family, Pension, Creche Facilities available for Women with babies under 24 Months.
Job Title: Environmental Health Manager
Location: Mubi, Adamawa
Scope of Work
- The Environmental Health Manager is responsible for overseeing the implementation of all EH activities in Adamawa,
- She/ He will provide technical and managerial leadership to the water, sanitation and hygiene promotion team in these locations and ensure all activities are of high quality and respond to immediate needs.
- In coordination with the Sr. EH Manager (Adamawa) establish contacts with relevant international/local NGOs and line ministries in the area of operation;
- Ensure that all IRC EH projects in your target LGAs are implemented in a timely and professional manner, according to objectives, goals and indicators established by SPHERE, IRC, Nigerian Law and in line with donor requirements and beneficiary needs;
- Conduct routine assessments as needed to determine the water, sanitation and hygiene needs within your target LGAs; this will also include evaluation of ongoing technical interventions and make recommendations as needed.
- Follow all technical direction as outlaid in the Adamawa State EH Strategy for the installation of all water and sanitation infrastructure in IRC supported medical facilities, included the requirements for the mobile health units, IDP sites and host communities including but not limited to drilling, restoration of existing infrastructure, drainage, solid waste management, latrine, shower and potwash/laundry construction, hygiene campaigns, vector control and hygiene promotion activities;
- In coordination with the Sr. EH Manager (Adamawa), assist with technical support and capacity building for WASH staff under your direct management.
- Ensure all implementation plans employ a programming approach that integrates the needs of other sectors of work especially Health, WPE, Protection and ERD;
- Monitor budgets, materials, equipment and supplies for technical work for your program locations and allocated budgets;
- When requested by the Sr. EH Manager (Adamawa), provide regular reports, document results and maintain detailed records of progress and contract payment schedules for activities in the LGAs.
Human Resources Management:
- Directly manage and technically supervise the EH officers
- Maintain open and professional relations with team members, promoting a strong team spirit and providing oversight and guidance to enable staff to successfully perform in their positions.
- Take responsibility for discussing job expectations, performance, and objectives on an informal, quarterly basis with all the EH staff
- Overall responsibility for EH work plans, vacation schedules, and staff training/development activities in your targeted LGAs
- Adhere to and act in accordance with the IRC Global HR Policies and Procedures
Grant Monitoring & Partner Management:
- Manage and advise contractors implementing programs on behalf of and in partnership with the IRC in all your supported sites.
- Select and implement, in line with the Adamawa EH Strategy, an appropriate monitoring and evaluations systems; analyzing results to ensure and enhance program effectiveness and quality. Ensure that all monitoring activities and results are shared with your line manager and if requested by your line manager to the M&E Coordinator.
- With support from the Adamawa Sr. EH Manager, assure appropriate and timely spending of grants to achieve program goals, grant reporting contributions, use and distribution of supplies and resources.
- Actively contribute to proposal writing and strategy development
- Consistently and proactively monitor/assess the safety and security of the team; promptly reporting concerns or incidents to IRC management and liaising with community leaders and other external parties as required to maintain/enhance the security environment for IRC programs
- Any other duties as assigned by the Adamawa Sr. EH Manager to enable and develop IRC programs
- All IRC staff are required to adhere to THE IRC Way Standards for Professional Conduct and the IRC country employment policies.
- University Degree in Civil/Environmental Engineering or related field;
- Minimum 3 years professional technical experience in Environmental Health, Physical Science, structures and/or water delivery/production;
- Minimum 2 years overseas experience, preferably in a conflict or post disaster setting;
- Solid managerial skills and experience in an international multi-cultural setting;
- Strong project planning, organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills;
- Proven technical writing skills;
- Competent in Windows, MS office programs, AutoCAD (or similar computer aided design), email and database experience;
- Interpersonal qualities: Works well in and promotes teamwork, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible and able to handle pressure in a professional manner
- Fluent in spoken and written English, Hausa or any local language skills are a plus
- The position will be based in Mubi with frequent travels to the field offices and site in Adamawa operation areas.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover letter and Resume in one MS word with the position they are applying for clearly stated in the email subject line to: IRCNigeria.Recruitment@rescue.org while Hand delivered applications should be sent to our field office in Mubi or Yola Office.
Application Deadline 14th June, 2017.