Reference Number: 190708
: Department: Independent Evaluation Department
Division: Sector and Project Division, IED
Location: Asian Development Bank Headquarters
Date Posted: Saturday, November 30, 2019
Closing Date: Friday, January 31, 2020 11:59 p.m. (2359 Manila Time, 0800 GMT)
1. INTERNSHIP TOPIC:’A comparative review of Multilateral Development Bank Support for Climate Change, which will be an input into the 2021 ADB Climate Change Evaluation.’
2. SUMMARY OF JOB DESCRIPTION:The assignment will entail comparing the support to climate change of ADB, World Bank, Inter-American Development Bank, European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, Global Environment Facility, Green Climate Fund, and the International Fund for Agricultural Development. This will include an analysis of strategic positioning of the sector, operational guidance, portfolio, sectoral trends, and results. Other secondary evaluation reports on climate change may be used to explain the findings.
3. PERIOD OF ASSIGNMENT:
- Duration: 8-12 weeks
- Timing: June 2020
NOTE:ADB provides a stipend of 69 USD per day for a maximum of 56 calendar days only. Interns may choose to continue work beyond 56 calendar days in agreement with the designated supervisors, but without stipend.
4. LOCATION: ADB Headquarters, Manila, Philippines
5. EXPECTED OUTCOMES:Draft Technical Working Paper for the 2021 Climate Change Evaluation. The paper will be used as a background document or an appendix.
6. EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:Currently enrolled in a Masters or PhD program in economics, climate finance, international development, public policy or related field.
7. RELEVANT EXPERIENCE AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:The ability to think critically and identify trends will be required for this work. Experience is needed in synthesizing and comparing documents as well as in creating, managing and analyzing datasets.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:Upload the following documents in the ‘Attachments’ section of your application:1. Curriculum vitae (CV)2. Proof of enrollment to a Masters or PhD program. Inclusive dates should confirm that you will be enrolled during the intended period of assignment.3. Essay in MS WORD or PDF document, maximum of 1500 words per question. (Please see essay questions below)
ESSAY QUESTIONS:(1) Describe one example of your experience that demonstrated your interest in working in ADB. (2) Highlight your qualifications that will help accomplish this internship assignment (e.g., coursework, research, work experience, etc.).