Reference Number: 190715
: Department: Strategy, Policy and Partnerships Department
Division: Results Management and Aid Effectiveness Division
Location: Asian Development Bank Headquarters
Date Posted: Saturday, November 30, 2019
Closing Date: Friday, January 31, 2020 11:59 p.m. (2359 Manila Time, 0800 GMT)
1. INTERNSHIP TOPIC:’Measurement of job creation from ADB Operations.’
2. SUMMARY OF JOB DESCRIPTION:Research on measurement of direct, indirect and induced job creation, from ADB operations, including:1) comparative analysis of approaches by different MDBs2) comparative analysis of different types of modeling approaches for estimating job creation including social accounting matrices, input-output tables, and general equilibrium models3) compilation of possible job creation benchmarks from different types of infrastructure4) review of ADB experience, models, and approaches, and formulate recommendations for ADB to phase in measurement of job creation over a number of years.
3. PERIOD OF ASSIGNMENT:
- Duration: 8-12 weeks
- Timing: June 2020
NOTE:ADB provides a stipend of 69 USD per day for a maximum of 56 calendar days only. Interns may choose to continue work beyond 56 calendar days in agreement with the designated supervisors, but without stipend.
4. LOCATION: ADB Headquarters, Manila, Philippines
5. EXPECTED OUTCOMES:Research paper presented on job creation and ADB operations, including recommendations.
6. EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:Currently enrolled in a Masters or PhD program in Economics, International Development, Public or Business Administration, or related fields.
7. RELEVANT EXPERIENCE AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:Research experience in, and expert knowledge of methods and approaches to measurement of direct, indirect and induced job creation, preferably from infrastructure projects, in the Asia and Pacific region.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:Upload the following documents in the ‘Attachments’ section of your application:1. Curriculum vitae (CV)2. Proof of enrollment to a Masters or PhD program. Inclusive dates should confirm that you will be enrolled during the intended period of assignment.3. Essay in MS WORD or PDF document, maximum of 1500 words per question. (Please see essay questions below)
ESSAY QUESTIONS:(1) Describe one example of your experience that demonstrated your interest in working in ADB. (2) Highlight your qualifications that will help accomplish this internship assignment (e.g., coursework, research, work experience, etc.).