OSCE Mission to Serbia, Belgrade
Issued by: OSCE Mission to Serbia
Vacancy number: VNSRMC00613
Vacancy type: Intern
Number of posts: 1
Duty station: Belgrade
Date of issue: 25 November 2019
Deadline for application: 9 December 2019 – 23: 59 Central European Time (CET/CEST)
Date of entry on duty: 18 January 2020
The vacancy is open only for persons with the citizenship of or permanent residence in the Republic of Serbia. Persons who are older than 30 years on the date of the deadline of the vacancy notice or who have already served six months of internship in the OSCE, irrespective of the duty station, are not eligible to apply.
The Office of the Head of Mission (OHoM) of the OSCE Mission to Serbia is looking for an intern for its Political, Communication and Reporting Section (PCRS) to focus on reporting and political affairs.
The selected candidate will undertake an unpaid internship for the duration of three months, with the possibility of extension for another three months subject to the requirements of service and satisfactory performance by the incumbent.
Tasks and Responsibilities
The selected intern will have an opportunity to gain an overview of the work of the OSCE Mission to Serbia, focusing on reporting and political affairs. Under the supervision of the Political Affairs/Reporting Officer, the intern will carry out the following duties:
Assisting in drafting, proofreading and compiling information for the Mission’s reports, media summaries, talking points and background materials; Assisting in liaising with the Mission’s field teams and programmatic departments to ensure comprehensiveness and accuracy of the Mission’s written products; When required, providing backup for delivering morning press briefings for the Mission’s senior staff and drafting daily news updates; When required, participating in the preparation of field visits and attending selected meetings; drafting minutes; Supporting the maintenance and use of the Unit’s archive; Performing other duties as required.
- Citizenship of or permanent residence in the Republic of Serbia;
- Applicants should be under the age of 30 on the date of the deadline of this vacancy;
- Applicants who have already served six months of internship in the OSCE, irrespective of the duty station, are not eligible to apply;
- University degree or completion of at least 3 years of university education at an accredited institution in political studies, law, international relations, development studies, humanities, journalism, communication, or a similar field;
- Understanding of the political developments in the Republic of Serbia;
- Some knowledge of the OSCE commitments and some experience in editing and/or drafting of reports and background material in English;
- Previous experience in an international organization, diplomacy, journalism, academia or civil society would be an asset;
- Professional fluency in both English and Serbian, with excellent drafting/editing skills;
- Strong analytical and research skills;
- Political sensitivity and awareness of the national and regional context;
- Computer literacy with practical experience in Microsoft packages;
- Ability and willingness to work with people of different nationalities, cultural and religious backgrounds and diverse political views while maintaining impartiality and objectivity;
- Demonstrated gender awareness and sensitivity, as well as the ability to integrate a gender perspective into tasks and activities.
Candidates are encouraged to familiarize themselves with the OSCE core values and competencies by studying the OSCE Competency Model available at: //jobs.osce.org/resources/document/our-competency-model’>https: //jobs.osce.org/resources/document/our-competency-model.
- Commitment: Actively contributes to achieving organizational goals
- Diversity: Respects others and values their diverse perspectives and contributions
- Integrity: Acts in a manner consistent with the Organization’s core values and organizational principles
- Accountability: Takes responsibility for own action and delegated work
- Communication: Actively works to achieve clear and transparent communication with colleagues and with stakeholders of the Organization
- Collaboration: Works effectively with others on common goals and fosters a positive, trust-based working environment
- Planning: Works towards the achievement of goals in a structured and measured manner
- Analysis and decision-making: Analyses available information, draws well-founded conclusions and takes appropriate decisions
- Initiative-taking: Proposes and initiates new ideas, activities and projects
- Flexibility: Responds positively and effectively to changing circumstances
Managerial competencies (for positions with managerial responsibilities)
- Leadership: Provides a clear sense of direction, builds trust and creates an enabling environment
- Strategic thinking: Identifies goals that advance the organizational agenda and develops plans for achieving them
- Managing performance: Helps to maximize team performance by providing active feedback and skill development opportunities
The incumbent will undertake an internship in the duration of three months, with the possibility of extension for another and final three months. The envisaged commencement date will be mid- January 2020. Please state your availability dates in the cover letter.
The OSCE is not in a position to pay any remuneration or cover expenses incurred by the intern. However, some compensation towards the cost of living will be offered to an intern who do not have their residence in Belgrade and who do not receive financial support from an educational institution. In 2019, this compensation is set at EUR 11.9 per day (i.e. 10% of the Board and Lodging Allowance). In addition, the OSCE will cover the costs of any official travel undertaken during the internship.
The selected interns must provide evidence of health insurance coverage that is valid for Serbia, otherwise they shall be obliged to join the OSCE group health insurance for the period of their internship, in which case they shall pay the corresponding premium in full (EUR 34.12 per month). The OSCE shall bear the premium costs of group life and accident/disability insurance.
How To Apply
If you meet the above requirements and wish to apply for this internship opportunity, please use the OSCE’s online application link found under //jobs.osce.org/’>https: //jobs.osce.org, no later than 9 December 2019. Only online applications will be considered; applications received by email, post etc. will not be accepted.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Candidates who have not been contacted by 31 December 2019 should consider there will be no follow up to their application.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, cancel the recruitment, or offer an internship with modified terms of reference or a different duration.
The OSCE is committed to achieving a better balance of women and men within the Organization.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.
Participation in the internship programme does not constitute a commitment to future employment with the OSCE.