In the context of the Kazakhstan Government trade facilitation and Customs modernization strategy the Automated System for Customs and Tax Administration (ASTANA-1) has been successfully implemented by the State Revenue Committee of the Ministry of Finance of Kazakhstan (SRC MF RK), with technical assistance from United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD). Based on this cooperation experience the SRC MF RC and UNCTAD signed a new service agreement aimed at support and further strengthening of operational capacity of the ASTANA-1 information system, including through its broader interoperability/data exchange with IT systems of governmental agencies of Kazakhstan, the EAEU members and other countries.
- Develop new functionalities of ASTANA-1 as required by SRC MF RK;
- Develop new modules of ASTANA-1 as required by the SRC MF RK;
- Implement data integrations between the ASTANA-1 and other external systems of Kazakhstan governmental agencies;
- Work on other enhancements of the ASTANA-1 system;
- Provide support and maintenance of the ASTANA-1 system and its components;
- Gather requirements, design specifications, develop technical and user documentation and report on developments;
- Design, develop and maintain, test and document code / configuration for applications and platforms;
- Ensure adherence to internal coding standards;
- Ensure the technical solutions are in line with the system architecture;
- Ensure the compliance with corporate information management and technology standards, guidelines and procedures for the ASYCUDA technology environment;
- Support the adaptation of ASTANA-1 functionalities for improved business processes of the SRC MF RK;
- Support the adaptation of ASTANA-1 functionalities for improving client services for brokers and traders;
- Support the adaptation of ASTANA-1 system to the new requirements of the EAEU regional integration;
- Provide inputs to the Customs administrative business processes mapping and implementation of the internal standard operating procedures (SOPs);
- Provide inputs to preparation of results-oriented work plans;
- Provide helpdesk support to the end-users of ASTANA-1 system;
- Advise on hardware and software requirements;
- Provide minor repairs/ fixes of hardware;
- Maintain office telecommunication equipment assist in programming if required;
- Perform basic system Administration tasks as requested;
- Perform administration of e-mail accounts and e-mail groups;
- Ensure effective functioning of the ASTANA-1 software updated packages;
- Promote innovative ICT solutions for Customs;
- Provide regular ICT knowledge sharing and learning for users;
- Carry out other technical tasks as required.
- Data integrations between the Customs Information System and other external systems implemented, interoperability of ASTANA-1 system increased;
- New modules implemented, system functions updated according to the SRC MF RK requirements;
- ASTANA-1 supported and maintained, all technical issues solved promptly;
- Technical and user documentation and reports developed according to SRC MF RK requirements.
- Demonstrates integrity and fairness by modeling the UN’s values and ethical standards;
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UN and UNDP/ UNCTAD;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Demonstrates professional competence and is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results.
- Shares knowledge and experience and provides helpful advice to others in the office;
- Researches best practices and poses new, more effective ways of doing things;
- Demonstrates ability to develop systems for structuring, codifying and providing access to information and knowledge;
- Demonstrates excellent knowledge of Microsoft Windows OS, corporate ICT security and viral protection systems, ERP;
- Demonstrates ability to perform a variety of standard specialized and non-specialized tasks and work processes that are fully documented, researched, recorded and reported;
- Demonstrates ability to review a variety of data, identify and adjust discrepancies, identify and resolve operational problems;
- Demonstrates ability to perform work of confidential nature and handle a large volume of work;
- Demonstrates ability to provide input to business processes re-engineering, elaboration and implementation of new systems;
- Demonstrates ability to identify problems and proposes solutions;
- Has experience in client support, such as, a Help Desk or User Support Unit;
- Reports to internal and external clients in a timely and appropriate fashion;
- Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines;
- Strong communication Skills;
- Focuses on result for the client and responds positively to feedback;
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexity.
- Bachelor’s degree in information technologies or relevant technical science;
- Master’s degree is an advantage.
- At least 6 years of of substantive experience working in or directly related to software design and developments with Java;
- Proven practical experience in Information Technology developments;
- Proven experience in work with IT teams;
- Proven practical experience in development of Web Services using SOAP and REST;
- Experience of working with Oracle is desirable;
- Proven Experience in development using SQL and PL-SQL;
- Strong ETL experience in design, configuration, data mapping, extraction, transformation and loading in an extremely complex environment;
- Good data analysis skills, understanding of analytical dashboard and data visualization;
- Familiarity with the IT project lifecycle process from requirements gathering, development, testing, user acceptance, deployment and support;
- Expert knowledge of MS Windows OS products, MS Office products, Apple OS, mobile OS (Android, IOS), corporate ICT security and viral protection systems;
- Good experience in client support, such as, ICT and/or Help Desk or User Support Unit.
Fluency in Russian;
Knowledge of English and Kazakh is a strong asset.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Contract Duration: 12 months (with possible extension)