Business Unit:Human Resources & Corporate Services Complex
Function:Leadership and Staff Development Division
Department:Human Resources Management Department
Location:Saudi Arabia – Jeddah
The Young Professionals Program (YPP) is the strategic talent pipeline for the professional career in the Islamic Development Bank (IDB) Group. The Program is designed for outstanding young graduates who can significantly help the IDB Group to carry out its mission and attain its objectives.
This Program enables each Young Professional (YP) to receive extensive exposure and experience of the IDB Group’s various activities through job rotations in different departments. Participants will initially spend two weeks Orientation stage in HRMD. Then, 27 months in Foundation stage which will be split into three rotations of 9 months each in IDB Group departments.
Participants will also benefit from a coaching/mentoring arrangement and a wide range of relevant training and developmental opportunities.
Upon successful program completion, the participant will gradually climb up the professional grades in the IDB Group.
Prospective candidates for the YPP must fulfill the following minimum requirements:
Holds a Bachelor degree in development, education, economics, finance, accounting, business administration, engineering, information technology and law or any other specializations relevant to the work of the Bank from highly reputed Universities or international centers of excellence.
Outstanding academic record. The indicators of high grades shall be based on education system of each country or region. The following grades from different education systems shall form a baseline for candidate’s eligibility for the YP program:
- GPA 3.5 on the scale of 4 or equivalent for any other system
- ‘A’ Grade according to regional systems following ABC grading
- ‘Excellent’ (ممتاز) in Arab, Russian or any other region’s system following such grading system
- Bien in French and Francophone systems.
- 2nd Class Upper Honors in British system
- Shall be a citizen of an IDB member country; applicants from Muslim communities of non-member countries may be admitted
- Age not more than 32 years at the time of interviews. May be allowed to attend interviews if they are under the age requirement at the date of application.
- No working experience is required. However, experience shall be considered favourably
Applicants in the following categories shall be considered as Priority candidates subject to their meeting entry requirements:
a) Professionals with experience in a field directly related to the IDB Group’s activities particularly experience working in global organizations
b) Under-represented nationalities from IDB member countries
c) Master’s degree or its equivalent or Ph.D
d) Good command of Arabic or either English or French provided he/she is able to work in English.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR APPLICANTS:
Your application SHALL NOT be considered if any of the requirements below are not adhered to.
- Please make sure that you answer all questions completely.
- Note that you must answer all questions marked by *, as they are required fields. Your application will not be accepted in case these fields are not completed.
- Provide the most current contact information which is valid for a period of one year. In case your contact information changes during the selection process, please email us the updated data.
- Ensure that you have correctly spelled your e-mail address, since this will be our main method of communication with you concerning your candidacy.
- Remember to enter your complete phone number (country code + city code + number).
- After you answer all questions, you MUST attach your detailed curriculum vitae (CV) or resume in English to be considered.
- Transcripts for Bachelor Degree with GPA scores clearly displayed
- Transcripts for Masters & PhD, with GPA scores where applicable
- Recent passport-sized photograph
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- Basic Salary: Internationally competitive tax free salary based on education and experience of the YPs.
- COLA: Cost of living allowance as per the management’s decision.
- Transportation Allowance: Lump sum monthly payment besides basic salary.
- Spouse Allowance: 5% of basic salary if the spouse is not working.
- Housing Allowance: To a certain maximum limit.
- Children Education Allowance: 75% of the actual costs of education to a prescribed limit.
- Air Tickets: Granted for home leave
- Dependency Allowance: A maximum of 5 dependents.
- Medical Coverage: Medical treatment for staff members and their dependents
- Leave: 24 working days leave for new staff members during one year in addition to 10 days casual leave to attend emergencies. YPs are only allowed to consume a maximum of 10 days annual leave once in each rotation.
- Staff Retirement Plan: Co-contribution.
- Group Personnel Accident Insurance
- Medical Treatment Fund for Retirees: The IDB offers staff members the opportunity to participate in a medical treatment fund for retirement on a cost sharing basis.
- Relocation Travel
- Installation Allowance
- Relocation Shipment
- Car Financing
Note: The above benefits are subject to the prevailing rules & regulations of the Bank.