Follow this company
The Regional Human Resources Partner implements practices and activities of the Human Resources Management (HRM) Office in country and other countries as assigned, providing a full spectrum of HR services and programs linked to short and long-term organizational needs and objectives. S/he works closely with MSH Corporate Human Resources and Country Leadership Team/s to support the achievement of organizational mission, goals, and objectives through the development, implementation, and management of activities to deliver HR capacity and infrastructure across projects represented in the region. Specific Responsibilities
- Work closely with the Talent Acquisition Team with regards to managing and overseeing recruiting activities:
- Job Description writing and banding
- Salary determination for new hires
- Personnel Action in Human Capital system and issuing of TOA
- Recruiting in support countries
- Act as a partner to the organization by understanding the recruiting and interviewing process; counseling managers on candidate selection.
- Promote and support the organization’s diversity efforts.
General Support and Employee Relations
- Manage and oversee the New Hire Orientation Program:
- Scheduling of sessions
- Presentation of HR sessions
- Analyzing attendance and effectiveness of the Orientation Program – quarterly metrics
- Work closely with Supervisors and Managers to manage employee leave balances:
- Sick and vacation
- Manage and maintain HR compliance with regards to:
- Personnel records – conduct audits
- Manage Immigration:
- Work eligibility visas
- Applications process
- Provide general first-level support to employees.
- Assist with the development and implementation of HR policies, guidelines, and procedures.
- Contribute to the overall HR organizational effort by assisting other HR Partners and HR Specialists as necessary to support a high-performing human resources work team.
- Understand and guide conversations surrounding country laws with guidance of legal experts when needed.
- Ensure legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource requirements; conduct investigations; maintain records; represent the organization at hearings.
- Conduct exit interviews, track trends, and make recommendations to HR Management.
Compensation and Benefits
- Act as a partner to the organization by assisting managers and the Compensation Specialist in updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions in his or her designated department or area.
- Maintain the organization’s pay philosophy by exhibiting a working understanding of how pay is derived; explaining and training on pay basics; assist in preparing pay budgets (if necessary); monitoring and scheduling individual pay actions; recommending, planning, and assisting with implementing pay structure revisions.
- Support employee benefits programs by exhibiting a working knowledge of the organization’s benefits and answering basic questions.
- Ensure planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results by:
- Training managers to coach and discipline employees
- Scheduling and participating in management conferences with employees
- Resolving employee grievances
- Counseling employees and supervisors
- Conduct mini training sessions to coach and support supervisors on managing performance in the workplace.
- Support the Talent Management team with PPRD initiatives.
- Act as a strategic partner to the organization by understanding mission, vision, values, and organizational direction, and goals and objectives. Facilitate strategic organizational meetings and provide advice to assigned organizational leadership.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Maintain employee engagement by being actively involved in employee surveys and focus groups.
- Support global staff as an HR Partner and/or mentor. Train/coach US HR staff, as assigned.
- Communicate organizational changes and assist managers and employees, as needed.
- Develop monthly/quarterly metrics to strategically manage staff turnover.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or similar field from an accredited university, or equivalent years of experience.
- At least 8 years of demonstrated HR management experience, a minimum of 5 years of which as a manager.
- Experience required in international development in Africa; regional African HR management experience highly preferred; demonstrated experience working with USG funded-programs.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Must have demonstrated understanding of local and assigned country’s Labor laws, Company Act, NGO Act, and other relevant laws.
- Demonstrated ability to implement and manage all aspects of the HRM function in line with current practices and trends.
- Ability to gain the trust and confidence of colleagues and to handle confidential matters discreetly. Experience in conflict resolution.
- Ability to competently assess priorities, manage a variety of complex activities simultaneously in a time-sensitive environment, and meet competing deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to interact professionally with culturally and linguistically diverse staff, clients, and consultants.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully coordinate activities with senior project management staff and proven ability to work successfully on a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and fluency in local languages; other languages strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated computer proficiencies, including Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and database management.
- Ability to travel to assigned countries for HR initiatives.
- Action-oriented, ability to deal with ambiguity, approachable, compassionate, ability to manage conflict, customer-focused, ability to manage diversity, integrity and trust, hiring and staffing, excellent verbal and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, organized and results-driven, professional, and politically savvy.
About the Organization
Management Sciences for Health, an international nonprofit organization, is dedicated to closing the gap between what is known and what is done about public health problems. MSH saves lives and improves health by helping public and private organizations throughout the world to effectively manage people, medicines, money, and information. Working from more than 30 country offices and our US headquarters, our staff from 65 nations is highly regarded for its technical expertise, integrity, and commitment to making a lasting difference in health.
Management Sciences for Health (MSH) is a nonprofit international health organization composed of more than 2,000 people from 73 nations. Their mission is to save lives and improve the health of the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health. Together with their partners, they are helping managers and leaders in developing countries to create stronger management systems that improve health services for the greatest health impact.
MSH takes an integrated approach to building high-impact sustainable programs that address critical challenges in leadership, health systems management, human resources, and medicines. Simply put, they support stronger health systems for greater health impact.
Their expertise in these areas falls into the broad categories of management functions-for example, leadership and governance or pharmaceutical management-and health areas like tuberculosis or maternal, newborn, and child health. They apply their expertise by
- Partnering with governments, local organizations, and communities in developing nations to build their own capacity for long-term health impact;
- Providing global leadership in critical areas of health management and health care delivery;
- Bringing the best of MSH from around the globe to the people we serve, working as One MSH with a focus on lasting health system improvements.
Leadership, Governance, & Management
They work with in-country partners to build stronger health systems to improve:
- the management and leadership of priority health programs, health organizations, and multisectoral partnerships such as The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria, developing a critical mass of managers at all levels of the health system who can lead and inspire teams to achieve results;
- the management systems of health organizations in the public and private sector, transferring practical approaches and skills to ensure that management structures contribute to sustainable organizational success;
- the governance and management of health organizations and multisectoral partnerships, facilitating change and transferring knowledge to enable organizations to administer their resources efficiently and scale up their services.
Health Service Delivery
MSH combines extensive public health expertise, proven service delivery approaches, and evidence-based interventions in five critical areas:
- HIV & AIDS
- Maternal, newborn, and child health
- Family planning and reproductive health
- Other communicable diseases, including malaria and pandemic and avian influenza
Human Resources for Health
MSH helps governments develop multisectoral strategies and policies to plan and manage their health workforces. We use a comprehensive approach that addresses all the facets of human resources for health needed to achieve an adequate supply of well-trained and motivated health workers. MSH offers capabilities in leadership, human resource management, education, partnerships, policy, and finance to achieve these goals.
Vital to our success is a participatory approach to project design and implementation, which cultivates broad-based support from all stakeholders. We also build and improve infrastructure and local capacity to effectively purchase, store, deliver, and use quality essential medicines.
Health Care Financing
MSH helps governments and NGOs assess their current financial situation and systems, understand service costs, and develop initiatives to use existing funds more effectively and generate additional revenue-all with the goal of supporting a nation’s health priorities.
MSH has developed proven methods for rapidly strengthening the analysis and use of existing health data-normally at the province, district, and facility levels-without revising existing recording and reporting requirements. With an emphasis on learning through action, district teams undertake assessments of health services, identify gaps in performance, and design solutions to support better decision-making and, therefore, better management of improved services.
MSH has worked closely with the Health Metrics Network of the WHO to develop a comprehensive approach for enhancing the performance of health information systems and data by employing a practical, strategic planning process that can be carried out by national working groups.
- Apply now
Start your application
Applications for this position must be completed on the recruiting organization’s website.
Find more international development jobs and create alerts to have opportunities delivered to your inbox.