Follow this company
Established in 1965, URC offers a range of technical assistance to strengthen health and social systems and service quality by empowering communities and health workers to identify and scale up locally appropriate solutions to critical problems. Internationally, we expand access to and improve the quality of services addressing maternal, newborn, and child health; infectious diseases, including HIV/AIDS, TB, and malaria; reproductive health and family planning; food and nutrition; and vulnerable children and families. In the US, we focus on improving communication related to issues like substance abuse, with a particular focus on reaching underserved populations.
URC’s mission is to provide innovative, evidence-based solutions to health and social challenges worldwide. Please join us in carrying out our mission ( ).
Division & Project Overview:
The Quality and Performance Institute (QPI) is a division of URC that has implemented quality improvement and operations research programs in health care since 1981 and continues to be at the cutting edge of health care improvement work in countries around the world.
With the RHITES-N Acholi Project (Regional Health Integration to Enhance Services in Northern Uganda – Acholi), USAID will continue its support of the Government of Uganda’s (GOU) efforts to improve access to and use of health services in the country’s post-conflict northern region. RHITES-N Acholi Project activities will build on USAID investments and national advances to increase access to and use of high-quality integrated services that accelerate the ability and capacity to respond to the specific health needs of residents in the Acholi sub-region, leveraging the URC-ASSIST project successes.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Human Resources Officer is responsible for providing HR and administrative support in line with URC policies and guidelines.
Additional duties include but are not limited to:
- Analyses and gleans HR from the work plans presented at the beginning of the project year and coordinates them with the Operations Manager.
- Assists staff in understanding and completing the performance appraisals process in a timely manner.
- Guides supervisors in keeping the performance appraisals process as an ongoing process
- Ensures that all new staff have set objectives for the probation and set up appraisal schedules with supervisors for probation and annual review and follow up on the submission of the appraisals
- Work with HQ programmatic and international HR staff on all issues related to employee performance and policy/procedure/benefit related matters
- Provide HR support through coordination of the recruitment process such as advertising vacancies, collecting CVs, screening candidates, and setting up interviews for selected applicants with the relevant staff on the project, providing interview feedback
- Manage staff enrollment in local benefit plans
- Manage and review invoice payment for benefit providers
- Provide support and follow up on the timely submission of electronic and paper timesheets, and the timely completion and submission of Labor Adjustment forms, as required
- Maintain and update the project/personnel paper and electronic files. Keep files in an organized, orderly manner so that records can be referred to in the event of an audit or need for historical information.
- Photocopy or scan as necessary the required copies of staff documents
- Maintain an updated leave management data base
- Support the separation of employees due to resignation, termination, and ensure that all the necessary exit documentation is completed.
Required Experience & Qualifications
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management, Social Sciences, Business Administration or a related field.
- At least three years’ relevant work experience gained through serving in a similar position with an NGO or multinational company.
- Excellent planning, organizing, communication and Interpersonal skills. As well as great attention to detail.
- Knowledge of Uganda Labor laws,
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment and maintain confidentiality of employee information
Desired Experience & Qualifications
- A Post Graduate diploma in Human Resources Management and/or training in records management
- A good understanding of USAID rules and regulations
Please note: Only candidates who are eligible to work in Uganda for an indefinite period without a need for sponsorship will be considered for this position.
For immediate consideration, please visit URC’s Career Opportunities page at .
You must upload your CV/Résumé and your Cover Letter where indicated. Also, please complete your application form and attach a completed as well.
Due to the large number of inquiries we receive, only candidates who have met the required experience & qualifications for this position will be contacted. No phone calls please. However, since we are active around the world in the field of public health, we may wish to retain your CV in our database for other/future opportunities, unless you direct us otherwise. Thank you very much for your interest.
You can cancel email alerts at any time.