Human Resources Intern – Administration – Geneva
Years of experience:
20 Dec 2019
BACKGROUND ON IMPACT
IMPACT Initiatives is a humanitarian NGO, based in Geneva, Switzerland. The organisation manages several initiatives, including the REACH Initiative. The IMPACT team comprises specialists in data collection, management and analysis, GIS and remote-sensing. IMPACT was launched at the initiative of ACTED, an international NGO whose headquarter is based in Paris and is present in thirty countries. The two organizations have a strong complementarity formalized in a global partnership, which allows particularly IMPACT to benefit from ACTED’s operational support on its fields of intervention. The IMPACT team comprises around 160 international staff effectives, specialists in data collection, management and analysis, GIS and remote-sensing which operate in 20 countries.
We are currently looking for Human Resources Interns to support the IMPACT Initiatives team in Geneva.
Position: Human Resources Intern – Administration
Contract duration: 6 months
Location: Geneva – International Environment House
Starting Date: February 2020
Remuneration: 1’050 CHF/month
Reporting to the HR Officer, the Human Resources Intern will be supporting on Administration activities for Field and Geneva-based staff, including the following:
- Liaise with new staff recruited for next contractual steps and required documentation;
- Compile and update employee records (hard and soft copies);
- Prepare work contracts and contract amendments; support in the update and follow-up of the Contracts follow-up tool;
- Register new staff in the Payroll software;
- Process legal formalities for staff recruited at HQ (work permits, registration for tax/social charges, etc.) and Field based (insurance, etc.) at recruitment and exit times;
- Keep a clear record of paid and un-paid leave requests, attendance sheets and paid leave follow-up;
- Keep up-to-date the Seniority follow-up and support in the preparation of the related seniority notification letters;
- Assist in payroll preparation by providing relevant data (unpaid leave, seniority, etc.);
- Support in the processing of administrative and legal formalities related to staff exit;
- Keep up-to-date the organigram and staff contacts’ list.
The person to be recruited will also have the chance to be involved and learn about Recruitment (posting positions, CV screening, interview process, etc.)
- Presently enrolled in a University program in HR/ Management/Administration or other related field;
- Fluent in English (French desirable);
- Knowledge of MS Word, Outlook and Excel;
- Strong attention to detail, rigor;
- Very good organizational skills, with the ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure;
- Dynamic, fast learner and proactive team player;
- Interest in the humanitarian sector.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.