Follow this company
Market Related – Monthly
Human Resources Executive – (Head Office based in Cape Town) Fixed-term contract in line with funding
An exciting opportunity exists for an HR professional who has experience leading a nationally distributed HR team in a large organisation (
1500 employees) and who can span the spectrum from managing volume-based HR operations to HR strategy, while simultaneously managing industrial relations challenges in the context of a rapidly scaling organisation.
TB HIV Care is a national, non-profit organisation, operating within the health care sector and funded through local grants and international funding. The organisation’s vision is to be a leader in empowering communities to be healthy and free of TB and HIV.
The HR Executive’s responsibility is to ensure that the HR team provides a full spectrum, highly responsive and professional human resources service to our operational staff who working passionately to curb the scourge of TB & HIV in both urban and rural areas nationally. The objective being to build organisational efficiency and effectiveness within a high-performance culture.
Key Performance Areas:
- Strategic HR
- Provide thought leadership and direction to ExCo regarding HR strategy and building the culture in support of the organisation’s goals
- Develop, implement and cascade the HR strategy and plan.
- Provide leadership support and coaching to the management team to develop high performing teams and improve employee engagement.
- Provide insight into organisational and team structures.
- Management of HR Team:
- Manage a team of 17 staff based at Head Office in Cape Town and other satellite offices nationally.
- HR Operations:
- Oversee manpower planning and financial budgeting for human resources
- Oversee the processing of the monthly payroll and benefits
- Oversee employment contract administration and the issuing of annual employment contracts in line with funding.
- Ensure the implementation and maintenance of policies and standard operating procedures.
- Ensure compliance with legislative requirements.
- Implement systems and controls to ensure data integrity and management reporting.
- Employee Relations
- Oversee employee relations and ensure fair labour practices.
- Talent Acquisition & Talent Management:
- Manage the talent acquisition team to ensure that the recruitment targets are met across the various programmes.
- Introduce fresh & creative ideas that will reduce the cost and the time it takes to find the right people and increase hiring success rate in a scarce skill environment.
- Ensure effective recruitment, selection and on-boarding processes.
- Champion diversity.
- Performance Management:
- Develop, implement and maintain a performance management system to ensure the effective management of all people within the organisation including up-to-date job descriptions and regular performance reviews.
- Remuneration and Reward Management:
- Ensure that the grading system is effectively implemented and up to date across the board and that remuneration is market related and aligned with project budgets and strategic objectives.
- Skills Development:
- Manage the Skills Development team and oversee the implementation of a training and development strategy and plan in line with organisational requirements and legislative imperatives.
- Employee Wellness:
- Oversee the implementation of an Employee Wellness Framework for the organisation.
- A post-graduate degree in Human Resource Management or Industrial Psychology
- Minimum 15 years’ experience of which at least 5 years have been at a senior HR Manager or HR Executive level within a corporate environment, managing a nationally distributed team. (Previous experience in the healthcare and/or national NGO sector will be advantageous.)
- Ability to travel nationally
- Valid Driver’s Licence
- Clear criminal record
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge and experience of current HR best practices including talent management and talent acquisition.
- Solid HR operational experience and ability to put structures and systems in place to ensure efficiency.
- Substantial labour law knowledge and skills
- Sound knowledge of grading and remuneration / reward strategies
- Sound understanding and insight into organisational development and the development of an effective organisational culture
- Well-developed interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships and handle conflict situations professionally with calmness, sensitivity, diplomacy and tact
- Excellent organisational and analytical skills with the ability to prioritize and delegate
- Superior written, presentation and oral communications skills in English
- Ability to pay attention to detail
- Resilient and able to cope well in a pressurised environment
- Computer skills: High level HRIS knowledge and experience with an advanced proficiency in MS Office
Closing date: 6 December 2019
165-062 NPO PBO 930052409 2015/122776/08
Ad Visible Until: 6 December 2019