The AgriProFocus network is an international multi-stakeholder network with Dutch Roots representing agri-entrepreneurs, private sector enterprises, governments, knowledge institutions and civil society organisations in the agribusiness sector. We are active in 12 countries in Africa and Southeast Asia, and link 25000 agribusiness professionals worldwide. AgriProFocus network in Indonesia has been active since 2009 and is currently hosted by Hivos in Jakarta, Indonesia. AgriProFocus seeks qualified, a dynamic and creative individual Indonesian candidates for the position of:
Title : Country Network Coordinator AgriProFocus Indonesia
Duty Station : Jakarta, Indonesia.
Report to : AgriProFocus Director of Operations
Duration : 1 (one) year
The Country Network Coordinator will report to the AgriProFocus Director of Operations based in Utrecht, Netherlands and will be responsible locally for the Country Network Facilitator & Marketing and Communication Facilitator.
To strengthen our team, we are looking for a country network coordinator who is a strategist, an entrepreneur and a manager. S/he will be responsible for the strategy and the portfolio development of the Indonesia country network as well as the overall management of the Indonesia office including financial, operational and personnel.
The Country Network Coordinator will achieve this by:
- Building and maintaining strategic relations with members, donors and partners in the country.
- Through frequent interactions with different stakeholders, identify both thematic and financial opportunities for network program that addresses opportunities and challenges in the agri food sector as well as are innovative and inspiring.
- Scout and actively mobilize for opportunities for joint action with partners as well as spearhead resource mobilization for AgriProFocus services and products.
- Manage, coach and mentor a high performing team.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Proactively engage and develop strong collaboration with strategic partners in the agri-food and business sector.
- Highly engaged in business development by identifying opportunities for AgriProFocus to develop services under our key service areas – Linking, Learning and Leadership.
- Identify and approach potential donors and funders for different program proposals developed.
- Together with other AgriProFocus networks, identify, design and promote regional opportunities for business development.
- Management of the portfolio of the country program, the financial performance and the team.
- Provide strategic leadership and management of the AgriProFocus Indonesia team and ensure a well functioning country network team by supervising and coaching the team to effectively implement the AgriProFocus strategy.
- Liaise with the host organization and ensure that the country team makes optimal use of the support of the AgriProFocus global Secretariat.
- Ensure that the experiences and lessons learned in the country network are shared with the global Secretariat and other country teams and give input and feedback on the strategy of the global network.
- Effective (financial) administration, procurement, suitable and representative housing of the country network as well as other legal requirements in consultation with the host organization.
- Timely reporting (quarterly and annually).
- Timely monitoring and evaluation on performance and progress of the country network in relation to the global result framework.
- Represent the AgriProFocus network in strategic industry fora.
- Overall responsibility of developing annual plans and budgets in consultation with members and partners to feed into the global annual plan.
Knowledge and Experience
• Excellent coordination, networking and team management skills
• Agile/resilient to change, is able to see the ‘bigger picture’ and (stimulates others to ) think outside the box
• Strong (online and offline) network in the agrifood sector and donor community
• Demonstrated experience and skills in program management, partnership management, team management, in resource mobilization and financial administration
• Excellent communication skills (reading, speaking and written) in English and Bahasa Indonesia.
• Strong focus on creating collective impact and demonstrating the added value of the network
• Strategic insight, ability to translate global strategy into practice
• Ready to take initiative lead and has entrepreneurial spirit/attitude
• Able to work independently to a high standard and integrity
• Well-structured and organized with the ability to write reports and business correspondence
• A relevant Masters or Bachelors degree; agribusiness management, agricultural economics, project management will be an added advantage
• 7+ years relevant working experience at a senior level position with good knowledge on private sector development and the agri-food sector
• Experience in managing a team
What do we offer?
An inspiring and dynamic working environment, dedicated colleagues and the possibility to work for an ambitious new international initiative.
Country Network Coordinator AgriProFocus Indonesia graded in Grade: 10 (from 1-12 Hivos’s SEA service agreement salary grade).