An exciting leadership opportunity has arisen for a proven manager to provide strategic oversight and support to the Logistics, Finance, and Human Resource functions for our work in South Sudan.
This role has specific responsibility for supporting the Country Director in achieving Tearfund’s objectives in South Sudan with efficient and effective support systems. As well as overseeing the management of the support function department leaders and building their capacity, the post holder will be responsible for designing and implementing support systems, processes and policies in line with Tearfund Corporate systems and procedures and leading and facilitating change within the programme.
The successful candidate will have:
- Degree and/or equivalent qualification in a business administration, financial management, or management related discipline
- Proven experience in a senior management position implementing humanitarian and recovery programming projects in a complex environment
- Proven successful people management experience, managing large teams
- Security management experience
- Proven experience of people management, including remotely
- Proven ability in strategic planning and thinking
- Proven budget management and financial management systems experience in large scale programming
- Implementing and working in accordance with corporate structures, policies and practices.
- Proven application of good practice standards: SPHERE, Core Humanitarian Standard and Red Cross Codes of Conduct.
- Fluent in written and spoken EnglishExcellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent leadership and management skills
- Training and mentoring skills and high level negotiation and representation
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills
- Good computer skills (MS Office, Google Suite)
Does this sound like you? Then we would love to hear from you!
Applicants must be committed to Tearfund’s Christian beliefs. We would expect applicants to be able to demonstrate a clear and specific desire to work in this country
The recruitment process will include specific checks related to safeguarding issues, personal identification information will be submitted against a Watchlist database to check against criminal convictions as a counter-terror measure.
- Job City South Sudan