Head of Institutional Partnership Development (IPD)
Years of experience:
31 Dec 2019
Celebrating 70 years working globally to meet the needs and protect the interests and rights of children having lost or at risk of losing parental care.
SOS Children’s Villages International is a Global Organisation established in 1949. SOS Children’s Villages is working globally to meet the needs and protect the interests and rights of orphaned and vulnerable children. SOS Children’s Villages international works thorough member associations in over 135 countries worldwide. The International Regional Office for West and Central Africa (WCAF) based in Dakar, Senegal directly supports member associations in 18 countries and is currently expanding its professional regional team. We are looking to recruit the following bi-lingual (French and English) staff:
Working location: DAKAR, SENEGAL (with 30% field travel)
Contract duration: 12 months (with possibility of extension after good performance)
Type of contract: Expatriate contract for candidates based abroad Or local contract for candidates based in Senegal (Senegalese or foreigners)
Starting date: As soon as possible in February 2020
Mission of the position: Support the implementation and alignment of WCAF with the global IPD Strategy and SOS
International’s 2030 Strategy driving MA led applications as a priority
Support IPD capacity building within WCAF and priority MAs in order to increase institutional funding and partnerships in the region.
Represent IOR WCAF for IPD in Federation wide and external fora
Contribute to Federation wide projects and pilots contributing with WCAF lessons learned
· Manage a team of staff based in Dakar and in the region driving quality and winning proposals
· Identify funding opportunities within the region. Initiate and maintain a market monitoring mechanism aligned with and complementary to international processes.
· Work together with MA stakeholders in initiating contacts and forging partnerships with institutional donors, representing the organisation’s aims and objectives.
· Support MAs in preparing high level funding proposals that meet donor requirements
· Provide technical and coordination support to individual application/ funding processes according to needs.
· Monitor and assess the quality of donor reporting by NAs making sure that donor requirements are met also during the project implementation phase.
· Where appropriate and relevant develop and maintain good relationships with donors at regional level through ensuring regular communication, knowledge exchange and effective reporting.
· Contribute relevant information for the global IPD strategy and plans.
· Create synergies and ensure collaborative relationships with Emergencies, Programme, Communication and Management with regards to funding and partnership opportunities
· Develop the capacity of national SOS staff with a view to understanding the development cooperation and humanitarian aid fields, including donor politics and policies as well as solid understanding of “international development” concepts;
· Train local staff in Project Cycle Management and Logical Framework Approach (LFA) and other relevant tools of the Institutional Funding Practical Guide.
· Manage an IPD team and any other regionally based member funded Multi Country Project Coordinator
Experience, technical qualifications and personal skills:
High exposure to public funding processes and institutional donors.
At least 6 years’ experience of project management, planning and budgeting processes
At least 5 years’ experience working in the West and Central Africa region
Strong interest in international development agenda and issues associated with developing countries.
Proven experience in Project Cycle Management and with the use of Logical Framework Approach (LFA)
Proven experience in proposal writing for institutional funding, such as EU, USAID, BMZ, CIDA
Experience working in a multi-cultural environment
Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Good command of written and verbal English and French; Spanish/and or Portuguese desirable (to be mentioned in the application)
Diverse, creative and challenging opportunities in an international working environment
Possibility to make significant contribution towards the development of MAs in the Region
Competitive compensation package and excellent development opportunities
In accordance with the organisation’s child protection policy, all employment is subject to applicable background checks, including criminal record checks