Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We believe in the power and potential of every child. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood and we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity.
We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge. In Zimbabwe, we have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 31 years. Plan International operates an equal opportunities policy and actively encourages diversity.
Grants Accountant (SAGE) Job Description
Reporting to the Senior Accountant, the job holder will be responsible for the Finance advisory role in the Program Area (PA) management team for the SAGE Project, cash and budget management, financial reporting and analysis, internal financial controls enhancement, field support visits, risk management, grants management and partnership management.
- Support the Program Areas Management team to ensure that financial resources are optimally used for the SAGE Project.
- Build capacities of communities in project financial management
- Review cash disbursement vouchers.
- Review purchase requisitions and orders for the SAGE Grant.
- Review payment packages for budget availability and correct coding.
- Monitor budget versus expenditure for the SAGE Grant.
- Ensure timely processing and disbursement of payments to suppliers.
- Manage the project bank account in line with provided guidelines and cash management
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations related for the SAGE grant.
- Prepare monthly Financial and Management reports for the SAGE grant.
- Ensure adherence to DFID’s financial controls, processes, procedures and requirements.
- Continuous review of internal control processes and procedures.
- Follow up finance-related audit actions
- Project support visit and reporting.
- Management of grants finance and the reporting processes.
- Partner support visits and partner capacity building
- Assist the Program Coordinator in grants management processes.
- Promotes and abides by Plan policies and procedures including but not limited to: Gender equality mainstreaming, Safeguarding Policy; Code of Conduct and the related mandatory reporting responsibilities
- A degree in Accounting; CIS or equivalent qualification
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar role working in a computerized accounting office in an NGO set up
- Analytical skills
- Problem solving
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Promotes innovation and learning
- Communicates clearly and effectively
- Gains, develops and retains credibility about his/her performance
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements are required to submit their curriculum vitae & cover letter outlining their suitability for the position. Plan International takes very seriously the responsibility and duty to ensure that we and anyone who represents us does not in any way harm or place at risk children and young people. In this regard, reference & background checks will be performed including clearances on child related offences in conformity with Plan’s Safeguarding Policy.
This position is open to Zimbabwean nationals.
Location: Zimbabwe ( Manicaland)
Type of role: Fixed Term Contract
Closing Date : 6 December 2019.
- Job City Manicaland