Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea
FAO Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea
CALL FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST – VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT : 1900851
Gender and Youth Inclusion specialist
Job Posting: 04/Dec/2019
Closure Date: 19/Dec/2019, 10:59:00 PM
Organizational Unit : FAO PNG
Job Type: Non-staff opportunities
Type of Requisition : Consultant / PSA (Personal Services Agreement)
Grade Level : N/A
Primary Location: Papua New Guinea-Port Moresby
Duration : 6 months (extendable)
Post Number : N/A
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on your personal device date and time settings
FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender and nationality
People with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
The incumbent may be re-assigned to different activities and/or duty stations depending on the evolving needs of the Organization
FAO has been identified as the Lead Agency for a large investment project focused on Value Chain development in Papua New Guinea. The project will be implemented as a United Nations Joint Programme with a number of UN Agencies participating in its implementation in close co-operation with relevant government and parastatal partners as well as local enterprises and private sector. The programme focuses on the development of the Cocoa, Vanilla and Fisheries (riverine, in reef and coastal) value chains as well as the supporting and enabling transport and infrastructure including feeder roads.
Reports administratively to the FAO Programme officer in Papua New Guinea and technically to the Programme Co-ordinator.
Gender and youth engagement.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Contribute to the effective and timely delivery of the project components in a consultative and inclusive manner in the project area.
- Ensure joint work planning, co-ordination between the various participating UN Agencies for timely delivery of the agreed project outputs, the implementation of the gender sensitive/disaggregated baseline, the project gender strategy as well as recruitment of the international and national team, engagement of service providers and selection and design of project facilities.
- Support the engagement with the various parts of the Government of Papua New Guinea and development of innovative and inclusive partnerships with local enterprises/private sector on the three selected value chains development
- Support project staff and consultants and manage related project risks.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- Advanced university degree in Sociology/Agriculture/Agronomy
- 10 years of relevant experience in Gender mainstreaming and youth inclusion
- Working knowledge of English and limited knowledge of one of the other FAO languages (French, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, and Russian) for Consultants. Working knowledge of English for PSAs.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Work experience in more than one location or area of work
- Extent and relevance of experience in gender mainstreaming in smallholder based production systems and value chains
- Extent and relevance of experience in enhancing gender and youth participation in and benefit from crop production and improving post-harvest management in remote environments.
- Familiarity with sustainable approaches to inclusive gender development in complex socio cultural environments.
- Capacity and experience in partnering with other UN agencies, particularly with UN women at a strategic level.
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency.
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency
FAO does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, processing)
Please note that FAO will only consider academic credentials or degrees obtained from an educational institution recognized in the IAU/UNESCO list
Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications
Candidates should upload language certificate/s when submitting their application.
For further information on categories, contract duration and honoraria, please refer to the Conditions page
For more information, visit the FAO employment website
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, visit the recruitment website at Jobs at FAO and complete your online profile. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only applications received through the recruitment portal will be considered.
Vacancies will be removed from the recruitment portal at 23:59 Central European Time (CET) on the deadline for applications date. We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline
If you need help please contact: [email protected]
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT