Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
UNICEF Kuala Lumpur
Job no: 526910
Position type: Fixed Term Appointment
Division/Equivalent: Bangkok (EAPRO), Thailand
Department/Office: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Categories: Private Fundraising and Partnerships, NO-1
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, Hope
How can you make a difference?
The Malaysia Country Office saw exponential growth in number and income of Pledge Donors in the last 5 years. It is expected that by the end of 2018 Malaysia Country Office will have an estimated 120,000 Pledge Donors contributing to both Country Programme and Global Regular Resource funds. It is the objective of the office to develop internal resources, skills and experience to deliver highest possible payment approval rates for newly recruited and existing pledges to ensure collection of donations (income) continues from Private Fundraising Sector. The objective of the Fundraising Officer (Donation Processing Officer) is to further establish best practices (identifying gaps and plugging them, implement improvements and efficiencies) and benchmarks for pledge payment processing through payment submission and or data analysis and holding conversations with payment gateways for integrated solutions. The incumbent is responsible to ensure accuracy and timeliness in the day-today management of pledge and gift donation processing. Working together with Customer Service and Database Management, the incumbent is also responsible for related donation processes between the various team using data and or financial analysis to maximize payment approvals and reporting.
The position of Fundraising Officer (Donation Processing Officer) at the NO-A level in the Malaysia Country Office, in the section of Private Sector Fundraising & Partnerships, reports to the Fundraising Specialist (Donor Management), who is at the NO-C level.
Summary of key functions/accountabilities:
1. Manage a high performing Donation Processing team in delivering the following KPIs (list is not exhaustive):
a. Deliver a minimum 1 st Payment Success Rate of 80% and increasing this rate by 2% year on year.
b. Deliver a minimum of 93% Recurring Payment Success Rate and increasing this rate by 1% year on year.
c. Analysis of 1 st Payment and Recurring Payment Success Rate (weekly, monthly, quarterly, annually) to determine Trends (by Channel, Time, Day, Date, Payment Type, etc) with the aim of improving and or refining SOPs to deliver higher targets and or efficiencies.
d. Implementation of new payment type in providing more options to Pledge donors to effect their monthly pledge; includes scoping technical aspects (in working with Database Management team).
e. Recommend and implement modifications to database banking module for increased efficiency in payment submission across all fundraising channels/campaigns and payment types.
f. Implement and support of new channel development in the areas of donation processing, eg recommending most suitable processes where both parties requirements are met.
g. Managing case escalations and ensure all cases are closed within 24 hours.
h. Manage and measure performance of individual donation processing team members with the aim for individual team members delivering minimum KPIs. Developing and maintaining performance appraisal structure to ensure team members are sufficiently motivated.
i. Enlisting relevant assistance from various internal teams and external party/ies to support various Donation Processing areas.
2. Manage the donation processing functions to deliver the highest level of donor satisfaction and donation payment data at all times.
3. Assist in data entry of donor profiles and donations and other matters that may arise.
4. Work closely with Donation Processing Assistant and Database Management Assistant for other matters that may arise.
5. Perform other reasonably related duties as assigned by Fundraising Specialist, Donor Management.
Impact of Results
Poor customer service and Inaccurate donor and donation processing will result in the following:
- Lost income
- Donor losses credibility in the organisation.
- Negative public perception.
- Data corruption.
- Inaccurate reporting.
Recruitment Requirements & Qualification
- A university degree in one of the following fields is required: Business Administration, Marketing, Communications, Business Accounting.
- At least 1 year of experience in the field of payment processing, having 5 years Payment Processing experience is an asset .
- Preferably 3 years leading a high performing team of at least 4 headcounts.
- Knowledge of Data Management will be an added advantage.
- Fluency in English and the Bahasa Malaysia is required.
- Diversity and inclusion
- Working with People
- Drive for Results
- Leading and Supervising (III)
- Planning and Organizing (II)
- Adapting and Responding to Change (III)
- Learning and Researching (II)
- The remuneration for the above position may be access through UN Salaries Website as follows: http://www.un.org/Depts/OHRM/salaries_allowances/salaries/malaysia.htm (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and other benefits including 30 days of annual leave, mobile allowance, and dependency allowances for dependent family members.
- Pension All staff members with six or more months of contract duration will be participants of the United Nations Joint Staff Pension Fund. The pensionable remuneration, will be subject to a
- 9% deduction as a staffs contribution. The Organization pays a contribution equivalent to 15.8% of a staff’s pensionable remuneration to the fund on his behalf. On separation with less than five years of service, the staffs contribution will be refunded with interest. Website: www.unjspf.org
- All eligible Malaysians are encouraged to apply.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. UNICEF only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
- UNICEF is committed to workforce diversity and encourages all qualified male and female applicants to apply within its workforce and from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization.
- Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Advertised: Nov 18 2019 Singapore Standard Time
Application close: Dec 01 2019 Singapore Standard Time
Back to list Refer a friend
Send me jobs like these
We will email you new jobs that match this search.
Ok, we will send you jobs like this.
Oops! Please check your email for errors!
Subscribe Recaptcha Privacy agreement
Closes Dec 01 2019
Fund Raising Officer (Donation Processing), NOA, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia #108743 in Malaysia
The Malaysia Country Office is currently searching for talented candidates to apply for the position, Fundraising Officer Donation Processing.
Powered by PageUp
Full site © 2019 unicef