AIIB HQ Beijing
Finance Associate / Finance Analyst
The role resides within the Office of the Controller in the Loan Administration Unit of the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB). It focuses on AIIB’s back office operations that primarily covers loans, but also includes equity investments, guarantees and other financing products (Financial Products). We are searching for a junior professional with specialty in commercial and investment banking operations or an experienced professional with specialty in multilateral development bank sovereign loans. The main responsibility of the Loan Administration Unit is to advise front office project teams and participate in the planning for disbursement arrangements throughout an investment project cycle (ensuring consistency with results of the fiduciary assessments and compliance with relevant guidelines and procedures; reviewing and approving disbursement requests in a timely manner and assisting the front office with technical loan operation matters for clients in the private and public sectors).
- Loan/Financial Products management.
- Support the Senior Finance Officers from end to end, starting with preparing the transactions to maintaining the transactions.
- Work closely with other AIIB departments, including Investment Operations, Treasury, Risk Management and others to ensure that critical fiduciary aspects of Loans and Financial Products are fully considered when transactions are prepared.
- Monitor disbursement arrangements to assess whether they remain adequate and advise the project team of any needed changes.
- Monitoring daily cash activity with Treasury.
- Assist in building up the Loan Management Automation System and other future systems.
- Loan/Financial Products portfolio management.
- Monitor disbursement performance including maintaining and updating the disbursement database and providing disbursement reports as needed.
- Review and process refund of Loan and Financial Products proceeds as needed.
- Review and process Loan and Financial Products cancellation caused by saving or others.
- Close Loans and Financial Products timely and appropriately together with project teams.
- Monitor lapsed Loans and take actions accordingly.
- Look after the administrative servicing work including the billing statement preparation.
- Process and guard investment certificates and manage collateral documentation.
- Minimum 2-5 years of relevant experience, preferably in the operations environment of commercial banking loans or multilateral development bank/s.
- Robust knowledge of loan administration over the life of loans.
- Self-starter who can build internal and external relationships to ensure a seamless process.
- Team player and ability to communicate for results.
- Ability to multitask and manage competing deadlines.
- Strong knowledge of MS Excel, Word and Powerpoint. Programming knowledge would be an advantage.
- Excellent oral and written communication in English.
- Candidates should possess at least a bachelor’s degree from reputable universities.
Previous experience and qualifications will determine the job title and grade level at which successful applicants will enter AIIB.