The Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church-Child and Family Affairs Organization (EOTC-CFAO) is an indigenous not-for- profit Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) established in 1973 to address the sufferings of children due to the severe drought situation of 1972/73 in the then Wollo, Tigray and Gondar areas.
EOTC-CFAO’s vision is to see poverty free, economically, socially, morally and spiritually empowered societies in which children shall be the prospect of the community. Among other things its organizational aim includes but not limited to strengthening the capacities of families and communities to care for and protect children; ensuring holistic livelihood of children whose lives are impoverished, uneducated, malnourished and vulnerable coming from poor and marginalized section of society, through strengthened and improved institutional efficiency thereby guaranteeing improved impact and sustainability of the program.
EOTC-CFAOs five main current programs are residential service to children at Child Care Centers (CCCs), child family reunification, child and youth integration, family empowerment, community based child support programs and other cross cutting issues. EOTC-CFAO invites potential professionals for the vacancy: Finance and Budget Department Head.
Job Title: Finance and Budget Department Head
Employment Type: One year with possible extension
Location: Addis Ababa with frequent visit to the field
Sex: Female or Male
Detail tasks/Key activities.
As Finance and Budget Department Head, the incumbent is expected to:
- Manage the financial resources of the organization in accordance with rules and regulations stipulated in Financial Policy and Procedures Manual.
- In collaboration with departments, services, Child Care Centers (CCCs) and Project Coordination Offices (PCOs), plays a key role in the preparation of annual budgets.
- Monitor the utilization of budgets and its consistence with plans at Head Office (HO) as well as CCCs and PCOs; and exercises budgetary control and compliance; provides periodic utilization of budgets
- Ensure the financial resources required for running and implementing the HO, CCCs and PCOs, and the various programme components are timely provided.
- Handle transfer of funds to PCOs and CCCs; and ensures that area office deliver the required reports to the HO as scheduled.
- Prepare consolidated budget utilization reports required by donors, ensure their standards and timely submission.
- Ensure proper record keeping of transactions of the organization, they are regular updated; prepares interim and annual financial reports that fulfill the requirements of statutory reporting as well as donors.
- Develop systems that enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of the management of budget from preparation to utilization and from reporting to consolidation.
- Provide the necessary technical and professional support to CCCs and PCOs in financial management, accounting, and recording and reporting.
- Develop detailed and area relevant guidelines and directives addressing financial management, record keeping, reporting and property administration; organizes on-the-job training programmes to enhance the capacity of CCCs and PCOs.
- Invite external auditors appointed by the General Assembly to conduct auditing; organizes exit conferences; and acts up on the findings and recommendations.
- Conduct regular visits to CCCs and PCOs to monitor utilization of financial resources, and compliance with procedures.
- Provide guidance and follow-up for personnel staff entrusted with financial management, accounting and reporting.
- Devise mechanisms for capacity building of personnel staff assigned at the Service and initiates training and staff development programmes in close collaboration with HRD and Admin Services.
- Periodically review the existing system of accounting; initiates plans of action for computerizing and use of information technology that enhance the ability of the Service to provide timely reports.
- Ensure that the organization complies with the reporting requirements of donors; prepares the reports and follows up their timely submission.
Job Requirements & Special Skills: BA Degree in Accounting and Finance or Msc. Degree in Accounting and Finance. Ten years of relevant experience for Degree or eight years of relevant experience for Msc. Experience in Administration is an asset. Special skill may include: leadership, negotiation, lobbying and problem solving skills; Strong skills of consolidating organization- wide budget and budget analysis; Excellent oral and written communication skills; Knowledge of computerized accounting systems advantageous; computer literate with ability to work on word processing independently.
Salary: As per the Organization’s Salary scale
How To Apply:
Interested applicants who fulfill the above requirements can send or submit in person non—returnable copies of their relevant documents and CVs with hand written application until Dec. 06, 2019 via the e-mail address: or in person at our office, near Ginfle Bridge, Arat killo. For further information, please call with landline telephone number: +251111232753
Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church Child and Family Affairs Organization (EOTC-CFAO)