Under the overall guidance of UN Resident Coordinator and direct supervision of Head of RC Office, the Executive Associate to the UN Resident Coordinator ensures effective and efficient functioning of the UN Resident Coordinator Offices, full confidentiality in all aspects of assignment, maintenance of protocol procedures, management of correspondence, phone calls, and information flow and follow-up on deadlines and commitments made.
The Executive Associate works in close collaboration with RCO staff, UN Agencies, international partners and national authorities to ensure efficient flow of information, actions on instructions, agendas.
1. Ensures effective and efficient functioning of RC Office focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Maintenance of the supervisor’s and team calendars, contacts with high-ranking visitors, arrangement of appointments and meetings, acting as an interpreter when required and/or taking minutes as well as ensuring follow-up related activities on decisions.
- Preparation of high-quality briefing materials for supervisor’s appointments, meetings, missions.
- Maintenance of protocol procedures.
- Preparation of informal translations.
- Management of RCO missions and representation schedule.
- Maintenance of contacts of high-level partners, telephone lists.
- Preparation of draft correspondence and directives.
- Use of automated office management systems for effective functioning of the RCO
- Programme and administrative support in various exercises, including organization of high-level missions and visits, ensuring preparation of briefing notes, arrangement of programme and appointments with the partners
- Ensuring quality and compliance with protocol procedures of documentation submitted for RC signature.
2. Ensures provision of effective communications support to the office focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Maintenance of the filing system ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials. Use of automated filing system.
- Coordination of the information flow in the office, follow up on circulation files.
- Follow up on deadlines, commitments made, actions taken and coordination of collection and submission of the reports to RC.
- Screening of all incoming calls and correspondence, coordinating relevant follow-up by the respective units.
- Presentation of proposals to eliminate communication bottlenecks in the office and streamline office procedures.
- Taking notes of meetings and sharing within the Office
- Collecting requests from the RC Office’s team and communicating them to UNDP through IRIS online system.
3. Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and management focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Close liaison with key stakeholders with the purpose to ensure provision of up to date background information to assist with relevant meetings and engagements;
- Organization of trainings to UN staff on coordination, administration and protocol issues.
- Collecting data for compilation of different materials related to RC Office activities.
Building Strategic Partnerships
Level 1.1: Maintaining information and databases
- Analyzes general information and selects materials in support of partnership building initiatives
Promoting Organizational Learning and Knowledge Sharing
Level 1.1: Basic research and analysis
- Researches best practices and poses new, more effective ways of doing things
- Documents innovative strategies and new approaches
Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise
Level 1.1: Fundamental knowledge of processes, methods and procedures
- Understands the main processes and methods of work regarding to the position
- Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks
- Strives to keep job knowledge up-to-date through self-directed study and other means of learning
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments
Promoting Organizational Change and Development
Level 1.1: Presentation of information on best practices in organizational change
- Documents ‘best practices’ in organizational change and development within and outside the UN system
- Demonstrates ability to identify problems and proposes solutions
Design and Implementation of Management Systems
Level 1.1: Data gathering and implementation of management systems
- Uses information/databases/other management systems
- Provides inputs to the development of simple system components
Level 1.1: Maintains effective client relationships
- Reports to internal and external clients in a timely and appropriate fashion
- Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines
- Establishes, builds and sustains effective relationships within the work unit and with internal and external clients
- Responds to client needs promptly
Promoting Accountability and Results-Based Management
Level 1.1: Gathering and disseminating information
- Gathers and disseminates information on best practice in accountability and results-based management systems
- Prepares timely inputs to reports
- Maintains databases
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment
- Self-development, initiative-taking
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively
- Creating synergies through self-control
- Managing conflict
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others. Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member.
- Informed and transparent decision making
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Public Administration or related field.
Experience: 3 years of progressively responsible secretarial, administrative, programme experience is required at the national or international level. Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.), experience in handling of web-based management systems.
Language Requirements: Proficiency in English, Uzbek and Russian is required.
Important applicant information
All posts in the GS categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Contract Duration: 1 Year with possibility for extension